Changes to Core Standards Appeal Hearing Process
The Board of Directors approved a series of Core Standards recommendations that impact the appeal hearing process including:
- Enforcing a firm December 31 deadline by when local and commercial associations must complete their Core Standards certification forms
- Formalizing the process by which state associations communicate issues of a local association’s non-compliance to NAR
- Allowing state associations to meet with and provide written documentation to the hearing panel before any appeal
- Prohibiting Core Standards hearing panels from granting extensions to non-compliant associations.
- Requiring a warning letter by February 1 to chief staff and officers of non-compliant associations
- Allowing hearing panels to set a one-year probationary period on non-compliant associations and to impose sanctions with options that are less severe than charter revocation for first-time offenders.
- An NAR-developed training programs to educate local, commercial, and state association volunteer leaders on the Core Standards.
Top Association Management Resources and Toolkits
Latest News and Updates
The 2021 Leadership Summit offers an overview of REALTOR® association leadership challenges, trending industry topics and NAR updates with the goal of providing Presidents-Elect and their Staff Executives the opportunity to start planning for the year ahead.
View an update on the goals for the 2021 Recommendations and Recognition Advisory Board.