REALTOR® association job openings are posted free of charge for four weeks. There is a fee of $150 for positions posted or recruited through a third party. These postings will also expire after four weeks. Please allow 48 hours from your request for the posting to be active. Please keep your job descriptions to 100 words or less. To place a job posting, call Kelsi Dunn at 312-329-8518 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CEO, Dulles Area Association of REALTORS® - Ashburn, VA
The Dulles Area Association of REALTORS® (DAAR) is currently seeking a highly skilled and motivated professional for the role of Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The Dulles Area Association serves 1,290+ members located in the Northern Virginia area.
Qualified candidates will have:
- At least three to five years of REALTOR® Association and/or executive level management experience and have demonstrated success in leading and managing an organization of five or more employees as well as a substantial budget.
- Deep understanding of trends and issues affecting the real estate industry in the region as well as within the Commonwealth.
- Excellent leadership qualities paired with solid decision-making skills that inspire employees and REALTOR® members to embrace the vision and strategy of DAAR.
- Comprehensive knowledge of association/organizational administration, operations, financial management, strategic planning, member relations, and assessment and improvement techniques.
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills and the ability to leverage relationships to increase DAAR’s visibility in the community.
- Ability to ensure long term fiscal health of the organization by working with the Board of Directors, by maintaining safeguards to protect the organization’s positive financial position and cultivating a diverse array of funding streams.
- Commitment to network and establish relationships/partnerships at the Local, State, and National Associations.
- College degree preferred. The real estate industry or REALTOR® Association background is desired. Relevant designations such as the RCE and/or CAE designations desired.
DAAR offers a comprehensive benefit plan and a competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
If interested, please submit in confidence your resume, salary requirements, and a cover letter to Virginia REALTORS® at AEsearch@virginiarealtors.org by February 12, 2020.
Professional Standards Administrator, Greater Tampa REALTORS® - Tampa, FL
Job Posted 01/21/2020
Greater Tampa REALTORS® is seeking an organized and motivated individual to take our Professional Standards department to new heights! Successful candidates must be team-players with a “can do attitudes” that are detail-oriented, self-directed, and able to multi-task. Applicants must possess excellent organizational skills, verbal and written communication skills, conflict resolution skills, and be comfortable working with technology.
The Professional Standards Administrator oversees, implements, and improves our REALTOR® Dispute Resolution systems by managing conflicts/disputes through the Ombudsman Program, Mediation, Citation, and/or Hearing (Arbitration and Ethics). This individual is the primary point of contact for complaints received from the public and members against REALTORS®. With an ever-increasing focus on Professionalism and the Code of Ethics it is vital for this individual to work with our communications department to heighten the awareness of the importance of Professional Standards and our various REALTOR® Dispute Systems. This position also maintains and updates the Association’s governing documents per the direction of the bylaws and policy subcommittee and board of directors.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Handles complaint calls/correspondence by providing information, filing instructions and necessary forms to complainants
- Prepares filed complaint documentation for the Grievance Committee to review within a timely manner
- Corresponds as needed with all parties listed in filed complaints
- Selects qualified members in accordance with the Association policy to serve as Arbitration/Ethics Hearing Panelists
- Schedules and attends Arbitration/Ethics hearings
- Works with other Associations in the event of an Inter-board complaint
- Keeps activity log and files for all Arbitration/Ethics complaints processed as well as Ombudsman requests
- Assists the assigned committee(s) in the formulation of their budget prior to submission to the Finance Committee
- Oversees assigned committees by working with the Chairs to schedule meetings and prepare agendas, provide meeting notice to members, take minutes, follow up on assignments, etc.
- Maintains/updates the Association Bylaws and Policy
- Serves as liaison to Bylaws/Policy, Citation, Grievance, and Professional Standards Committees
- Travels to industry conferences as directed
- Provides timely response to all departmental voicemail and email inquiries
- Commits to excellence and high standards as outlined in GTR Customer Service manual
- Work in conjunction with the CFO in the preparation of the annual budget for all Income Statement line items that fall directly under your responsibility and reconcile variances of actual vs budget dollars for these line items throughout the year
- Performs all other duties as assigned by supervisor or Chief Executive Officer
- 2-year AA preferred or commensurate with experience
- 2 years Association experience
- Completion of Basic Association Management Course within 90 days
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Products
- Attend Professional Standards Administrators training annually
- Specialized knowledge of the Association’s Professional Standards policies
- Must be extremely organized with acute attention to details
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work in a constantly changing environment with enthusiasm and positive attitude
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds
Our Staff’s Core Values are:
- Put members first.
- Personify Professionalism.
- Promote Unity.
- Be Transparent.
Hours are Monday – Friday 8:30am- 5:00pm. Occasional early morning/evening hours and travel required. Caseload is typically between 30-45 cases per year.
Salary commensurate with education and experience. Exempt position, full-time position with fantastic benefits. Relocation expenses are available.
- Frequently required to walk, sit and stand for up to 4 hours
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Continually utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and/or use a keyboard
- Occasionally required to lift/push/carry items up to 40 pounds
Direct reports: Currently none
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer (who has extensive experience in all aspects of Professional Standards)
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to: Dennis@TampaRealtors.org
Note: Only resumes that include salary requirements will be considered.
Director of REALTOR® Advocacy, Portland Metropolitan Association of REALTORS® - Portland, Oregon
Job Posted 01/21/2020
Status: Full Time, Exempt
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
The Director of REALTOR® Advocacy is responsible for planning and implementing PMAR’s local governmental affairs and advocacy activities on behalf of its more than 8,500 members. All activities shall be conducted in accordance with the PMAR Business Plan and REALTOR® Advocacy policies, as adopted by the Board of Directors. This position includes coordination with both the National Association of REALTORS® and the Oregon Association of REALTORS®.
Committee Liaison: Serves as the Staff Liaison to the REALTOR® Advocacy Committee and subcommittees.
Lead Advocate: Plans and executes comprehensive, proactive advocacy activities at the local level that advance the association’s mission and goals. Monitors and analyzes potential impact of government and regulatory proposals relating to the real estate industry. Serves as official spokesperson for PMAR on matters relating to governmental affairs and plans, develops and presents written or oral testimony as needed.
REALTOR® Party Efforts: Oversees activities related to the REALTOR® Party Program including Calls for Action, Broker Involvement program and REALTOR® Party Grants.
PMAR Political Action Committee: Staff Liaison to PMAR PAC Trustees and manages compliance with PMAR PAC Trustee bylaws and policies. Develops and implements plan for reaching RPAC investment goals.
Coalitions: Builds local relationships to develop, implement and maintain effective coalitions with other associations and allied industries to assist in furthering issue priorities.
Education: Develops and implements systems and programs to provide timely, effective communication with the RAC, Board of Directors and members regarding governmental and regulatory issues and potential impact.
Administration: Responsible for managing the day-to-day operation of the REALTOR® Advocacy Department and staff.
Qualifications: Candidate must have 3-5 years of experience in governmental affairs advocacy and a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships with public officials and their staffs. Experience with Political Action Committee management and filings preferred.
Please send cover letter, resume and salary expectations to PMAR CEO Kathy Querin at email@example.com
A full job description is available upon request.
Education Manger, Oregon Association of REALTORS® - Salem, OR
Job Posted 01/21/2020
Under the direct supervision of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Education Manager is accountable for all activities related to the OAR education department to consistently articulate OAR's mission.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and implement the education department's annual strategic and business plans.
- Schedule courses, coordinate webinars, manage instructor pool, and facilitate development of new courses.
- Create a revenue-producing education model while providing top level education for members.
- Coordinate course development with all departments within OAR to ensure cohesive brand and offerings.
- Monitor instructor performance via evaluations and occasional in-person class audits.
- Provide feedback on instructor performance and ways to improve.
- Collaborate on and assist in the implementation of education events and marketing plans.
- Assess market opportunities for new courses via surveys, direct member outreach, input from local association representatives, etc.
- Analyze and write executive summaries for quarterly department reports to track strategic plan metrics.
- Serve as staff liaison to the Professional Development Committee.
- Serve as staff liaison to the Diversity Committee.
- Oversee education budget throughout the year, monitoring expenses, revenues and accuracy with Finance Department.
- Help plan, produce and staff education events, conferences, conventions and special events.
- Manage education coordinator to ensure all education department tasks are completed.
- Travel (potentially out-of-town) to meetings, classes and events as needed.
- Create analytic reports for the CEO and Executive Committee as directed.
- Work with instructors, partners and venues to plan and coordinate event logistics and meet all certified education provider requirements.
- Handle course registration payments and expenses related to courses, maintaining accuracy in record-keeping with Finance Department.
- Conduct course evaluations, surveys and other assessment tools to garner feedback on OAR programs.
- Oversees compliance with approved education policies, procedures and practices, including instructor certification per the Oregon Real Estate Agency.
- Assist in implementing the annual communications plan in collaboration with Communication Manager as it relates to education.
- Create education program electronic communications with input from Communication Manager.
- Monitor real estate related sites and social media channels for trending education news and content.
Mandatory Job Qualifications:
The Education Manager will have the following experience and attributes: Bachelor's degree and/or prior professional office background.
Excellent communicator with strong grammar, writing and editing skills.
High attention to detail and accuracy, reliable, mature, quick learner and take initiative. Proficient with MS Office software Word, Excel, PowerPoint), HTML, online and social media applications.
Able to juggle multiple priorities, work independently and in a team.
Be very flexible, able and willing to be away from home to provide on-site staff support at events and meetings, often working long hours to ensure success for all events. Should be able and willing to pitch-in and help with any and all projects in the office as needed. Represent the association with professionalism to multiple audiences via phone and in- person.
Non-Mandatory Job Qualifications:
These qualifications are not required, but will enhance the applicant's or employee's chances for success:
• Trade association experience
Please send all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Government Affairs Director, Raleigh Regional Association of REALTORS® - Cary, NC
Job Posted 01/21/2020
Status: Full Time, Exempt
Reports to: Vice President of Policy and Engagement
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
This position will work as part of the Management Team that includes the CEO and other Department Heads to achieve the association’s goals and bigger strategic plan initiatives. This individual will be tasked with the monitoring of state and national policies, but most importantly with staying aware of local issues and building relationships across the many communities of Wake and Harnett counties that relate to and impact the Raleigh Regional Association of REALTORS® and it’s more than 8,000 members. This individual will then work with the staff team and volunteer leaders to recommend and coordinate the association’s response and actions as needed. This individual will serve as staff liaison for the Government Affairs Committee, and other committees/task forces as needed.
- Serves with the Policy and Engagement Team to collaboratively execute departmental goals.
- Monitors legislative, regulatory, and program activities in all appropriate municipalities of Wake and Harnett Counties, but is not limited to those municipalities, that affect the association, all its members, and the real estate industry as a whole, and keeps the CEO and Board informed of their status.
- Seeks to regularly schedule and coordinate meetings for staff and association leaders with elected and public officials on an ongoing basis.
- Serves as staff liaison to the Governmental Affairs Committee and other committees as requested. Works with the chair to set agendas, invite guest speakers, and educate the committee. Work with committee to identify issue priorities, action strategies, and develop minutes. Updates the committee on federal and state collaborative efforts.
- Serves as a lobbyist in conjunction with VP of Policy & Engagement and the CEO on behalf of the Association and its members on key initiatives and policies.
- Actively monitors local initiatives and effectively utilizes national, state, and local resources to achieve the Association’s goals including preparing REALTOR® Party grant applications in conjunction with planned Association activities.
- Plays a lead and key role in fundraising efforts for the REALTOR® Political Action Committee (RPAC) and works with all staff and volunteer leaders and members to achieve established goals. Additionally, this role will represent the association at related events.
- Develop and execute marketing strategies and solicitation/authorization campaigns throughout the year to build awareness of and support for RPAC.
- Coordinates member responses to local, state, and national legislative and regulatory actions.
- Conducts annual candidate interviews for local elected office and assists the committees in preparing recommendations for candidate funding for the Board of Directors.
- Prepares Board approved position papers and public policy documents for distribution to the public and elected officials.
- Guides and creates informative content for the monthly Board of Directors meetings, the Association’s website, and weekly newsletters by providing regular blog posts, videos and social media content as needed by the Communications team.
- Assists the Association officers, directors, and staff with issue and position information necessary for public speaking engagements, presentations, media interviews and articles for publication.
- Presents Government Affairs, Calls for Action and RPAC information at annual Leadership Academy class and twice monthly New Member Orientation.
- Travels as needed to attend government, Association, or partner association meetings to keep Association informed of decisions, or lobby on behalf of the Association as approved by the CEO.
- Assists in insuring that all related NAR Core Standards are achieved annually.
- Degree in Political Science, Public Policy, or a related field of study.
- 3+ years in political campaign, government office, public policy, or related fields.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to set priorities, manage multiple tasks and follow through with limited supervision.
- Ability to make informed and timely decisions.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others in fast moving, team environment.
- Effective communication and presentation skills; articulate and professional.
- Background in REALTOR® related association work is preferred but not required.
- Association management certification (CAE, RCE, or comparable) preferred but not required.
Please send resumes, 2-3 references, and cover letter to Casey Angel at CaseyA@rrar.com.
Administrative Assistant, West Hawaii Association of REALTORS® - Kailua-Kona, HI
Under general supervision, provides a variety of routine and sometimes specialized administrative support functions. In the performance of administrative functions, incumbent is required to perform the functions of the position within the established policies and procedures of the organization.
Reports to: Association Executive
- High School diploma or GED; two years of college or administrative or general business school training preferred
- Two years of work experience in a related field or position, or any combination of education and experience which would provide the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to meet the minimum qualifications to perform the essential functions of the position
- Experience in administrative office practices and procedures
- Two or more years customer service experience with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software as demonstrated by two or more years of work experience with Microsoft Office suite along with the demonstrated ability to operate a variety of office equipment
- Research and compilation of data as requested and/or required
- Answers main telephone in a timely and courteous manner, transferring the call when necessary.
- Greets members and visitors to the office.
- Responds and/or forwards email questions/inquiries received through WHAR voicemail and email systems.
- Articulates general and specialized information regarding WHAR and WHAR-related programs and events.
- Provides and submits timely reports and forms as required.
- Provides administrative support as needed for meetings, classes and events, including registration and material preparation
- Assists with the registration and material preparation process
- Provides administrative support as needed to Institute, Societies and Councils in which WHAR has an established agreement
- With accuracy, is responsible for the timely recording and processing of all account’s receivables, including credit card transactions
- Responsible for the dissemination of incoming mail and other deliveries; processes outgoing mail and parcels.
- Works closely and assists with proofreading in the communications sent out from the Association.
- Maintains general office supplies and inventory and the retail store
- Performs, with training, specialized assignments using communication equipment and technology.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by Association Executive (AE) , or as required to meet the needs of WHAR and its membership.
Must communicate in a professional manner and maintain the image and uphold the policies and procedures of the WEST HAWAII ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®. Able to handle multiple tasks, varied personalities, deadlines and numerous requests. Ability to use good judgment or discretion with minimal supervision.
Requires sitting, walking and standing; talking and hearing both in person and by telephone and other media as required. Requires occasional lifting and carrying of equipment and material up to 25 lbs.
Occasional off-site meetings and evenings when approved.
9:00 a.m. through 4:00 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday;
8:00 a.m. through 4:00 pm Thursday; Some evening and weekend hours as needed
Please send resumes to Karin Shaw at email@example.com.
Association Executive, UPSTATE ALLIANCE OF REALTORS® (UPSTAR) - Fort Wayne, IN
Job Posted 1/13/2020
The AE is responsible for managing and executing the mission of the organization along with the Board of Directors. This includes planning, directing and controlling all activities of the organization order to achieve goals and objectives of the strategic and operating plans.
Essential duties include:
- Work with the BOD to update and provide direction on the strategic plan
- Develop policies, procedures, and programs to implement
- Monitor organization structure and culture and make recommendations for changes when appropriate
- Develops budgets for all programming and presents to BOD
- Responsible for supervising, training, and evaluating all staff
- Develops relationships with elected officials to provide information and advocate on behalf of UPSTAR’s members and mission
- Chief fundraiser for political action committee and RPAC
- Act as spokesperson for UPSTAR and communicate on all issues as they relate to the real estate market and the organization.
- Keep abreast of activities of the state and national associations
- Oversee all membership activities and ensure to engage and retain members
- Oversee development of educational programs to advance the professional, technical, and managerial skills of the membership
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Must have 8-10 years of leadership experience, preferably with a non-profit or association.
UPSTAR is located in Northeastern region of Indiana in Fort Wayne. It’s a quick 3 hour drive to 5 major cities including Chicago, Detroit, Indianapolis, Columbus, and Cleveland. It’s been voted as the number one place to raise a family, number one as most affordable place to live, and number two hottest housing market.
To apply visit: https://narrealtors.applicantstack.com/x/apply/a2ntcl50i99n
Association Executive, Reading-Berks Association of Realtors® - Wyomissing, PA
The Reading-Berks Association of Realtors® is seeking an Association Executive (AE).
The AE serves as the chief staff executive, responsible to the Board of Directors for the effective conduct of the affairs of a 1,000+ member association. Recommends and participates in board formulation of association mission, goals and objectives and related policies. Within that frame work plans, organizes, coordinates, controls, and directs the staff, programs and activities of the association.Candidate must have past experience with managing others, having public speaking skills, be self-motivated, have the ability to multi-task, be a sharp thinker and embrace a changing environment. A background in public policy/political affairs is a plus. Travel is required to state and national meetings, conventions and training events. Compensation will be based on experience and education.
A full job description available upon request. Candidates will be called to set up an interview. Interviews will be conducted on Friday, January 24, 2020.
Please send resumes to AngelaToloskyN1@gmail.com.
Communication Specialist, Nexus Association of REALTORS® - Cherry Hill, NJ
NEXUS Association of REALTORS® is a trade association with 5,000 REALTOR® members located in the New Jersey counties of Burlington, Camden, and Ocean. Our office is in Cherry Hill NJ and it is a requirement to be able to spend part time in the association office.
NEXUS supports our members in three important areas:
- Real estate transaction technology and resources
- Relevant and practical education (through our school: Real Estate Success Institute)
- Professional and accessible staff and connections to our large network of like-minded practitioners and business owners who share ideas, resources and who advocate for property ownership.
REALTOR® is a trademark name. We are part of a local, state (New Jersey REALTORS®) and national (National Association of REALTORS®) partnership brought together by a code of ethical practices in our work.
This is a part-time communications position - think of it as an in-house marketing agency. The primary responsibility is to direct a comprehensive communications program to promote the value of NEXUS and inform its members of industry issues and association activities on a timely basis. The position is responsible for all digital communications, writing and editing, media relations, and public relations.
This position is three-parts communications strategist, planner and content creator. It has the potential to move beyond a part-time position after initial 6-month start up.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
A. Daily/Weekly Responsibilities:
- Maintain and communicate current awareness of all NEXUS programs, products and services and how they fit into the Association’s Value Proposition.
- Coordinate the Association’s e-Newsletter to include collecting, writing and/or editing stories, sourcing and creating graphics. Collaborate with CEO & staff on content.
- Social Media content creation and management.
- Write website content and ensure the site delivers on the Association’s Value Proposition.
- Oversee communications of all event and class information.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings.
- There will be specified hours/days in the NEXUS office.
- Track all media coverage and compile impressions.
B. Monthly Responsibilities
- Review, draft and publish monthly statistics to members/media
- Solicit and edit articles from Affiliate members
- Publish and promote monthly Municipal Monitor (an local government update produced by a third party partner)
C. Annual Responsibilities
- Update the communication plan and content strategy annually based on the strategic plan and goals. To include staff guidelines and templates to use in all outgoing communications.
- Develop and maintain Association Branding and integrate the Value Proposition across all communications.
D. Program Tasks/Responsibilities
- Program tasks are not related to a specific daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly time frame. These tasks are ongoing and overlap according to the program schedule. It is possible to be involved in any aspect of all tasks according to program needs.
- Stay current on consumer and industry trends that may impact our association’s communications, its membership, and/or the real estate industry.
- Track and monitor ROI for all media buys and other marketing stats.
- Manage all media relations efforts and relationships with key media contacts.
- Perform other tasks related to the job as assigned.
- Positive Attitude to set the example for what members should expect with interacting with NEXUS staff
- Excellent communication skills, written, spoken and personal interaction with members, the media, and staff
- Tactical understanding and experience with social media platforms
- Experience integrating varied communications channels into an executable communications plan
- Gather and analyze marketing data (email, social, web) as decision-making tool
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications
- Well organized and self-directed
- Reputation management skills
- Management for project coordination
- Highly motivated, with ability to oversee multiple projects
- Capable of planning and producing within budget
BA in Communications; advertising/editorial/public relations emphasis preferred. Minimum 3 years recent work experience in Marketing . Previous association or experience with membership focused organization is ideal.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keep your résumé on file with the Strategic Association Management program.
Strategic Association Management will review résumés posted here for any of our current job openings. Posting your résumé here does not guarantee a phone screen or interview, and interested candidates should still apply directly to the job.