Learn what the Association Executives Committee and its work groups are doing to help you and your members.
Association Executives Committee (AEC)
Statement of Purpose
The AEC serves as a resource for REALTOR® associations by:
- Ensuring that there is knowledge and understanding of issues and concerns between the REALTOR® association community and NAR committees and leadership;
- Providing a framework that ensures staff and volunteer leaders have the professional development and management resources they need to provide optimal services to their members.
Goals for 2017
The AEC's areas of focus for 2017 include:
- Facilitate open communication between the AEC and other NAR committees whose goals and activities may impact REALTOR® association policies, procedures, and management operations.
- Develop a kit that includes templates and sample materials that associations can use to conduct live or online orientations for members who are new to the association's board of directors.
- Develop materials to assist associations in creating job descriptions or profiles for staff specialty areas, including but not limited to, member services, education, communications, government affairs, and MLS.
- Identify models that would lead to relationships between local and state associations that are mutually beneficial and result in the best possible service and value for members.