Association Executives Committee (AEC)
Want to Serve on a Committee?
The 2021 committee application process is open through June 1. Volunteer to serve on the Association Executives Committee, an AEC advisory board, or a REALTOR® member committee. Now is also the time to apply for a 2021 vice chair position for the AEC or any other committee. Apply for member or AEC representative position on almost every other NAR committee.
Statement of Purpose
The AEC serves as a resource for REALTOR® associations by:
- Ensuring that there is knowledge and understanding of issues and concerns between the REALTOR® association community and NAR committees and leadership;
- Providing a framework that ensures staff and volunteer leaders have the professional development and management resources they need to provide optimal services to their members.
2020 AEC Goals:
The AEC's areas of focus for 2020 include:
- Review the Core Standards program to determine whether any of the criteria should be modified and whether any changes should be made to the appeal hearing process.
- Engage local associations to foster greater inclusion of diversity among association leadership, and to create synergy amongst local chapters of multicultural organizations; and identify tools and resources that associations can use to increase and sustain diversity in their leadership.
- Address common REALTOR® association human resources issues and concerns, and identify tools and best practices that can assist REALTOR® association staff in relations with other staff and volunteer members.
- Update the AE Competencies and RCE Body of Knowledge document that serves as the foundation for all AEC professional development courses, as well as the RCE designation exam.
- Develop and implement resources to enhance NAR’s Global Business Councils Program and to assist local and state associations in their domestic global efforts to stimulate economic development; implement enhancements to the NAR Global Achievement Program to recognize global business excellence.