Learn what the Association Executives Committee and its work groups are doing to help you and your members.
Association Executives Committee (AEC)
NAR's Association Human Resources Outreach program provides the convenience of one-stop shopping for professional quality services and resources.
Statement of Purpose
The AEC serves as a resource for REALTOR® associations by:
- Ensuring that there is knowledge and understanding of issues and concerns between the REALTOR® association community and NAR committees and leadership;
- Providing a framework that ensures staff and volunteer leaders have the professional development and management resources they need to provide optimal services to their members.
2018 AEC Goals:
The AEC's areas of focus for 2018 include:
- Identify a body of knowledge for volunteer leadership and create a curriculum that identifies training and orientation programs that can be offered at all levels of the REALTOR® association.
- Identify best practices and provide input to NAR staff supporting their efforts to create a governance policies and procedures toolkit that all associations can reference when reviewing their bylaws and policy manuals.
- Consider developing different Core Standards criteria for state associations and commercial overlay boards.
- Develop a mediation procedure and ombudsman program to assist associations in resolving disputes.