Association Executives Committee (AEC)
Statement of Purpose
The AEC serves as a resource for REALTOR® associations by:
- Ensuring that there is knowledge and understanding of issues and concerns between the REALTOR® association community and NAR committees and leadership;
- Providing a framework that ensures staff and volunteer leaders have the professional development and management resources they need to provide optimal services to their members.
2020 AEC Goals:
The AEC's areas of focus for 2020 include:
- Review the Core Standards program to determine whether any of the criteria should be modified and whether any changes should be made to the appeal hearing process.
- Engage local associations to foster greater inclusion of diversity among association leadership, and to create synergy amongst local chapters of multicultural organizations; and identify tools and resources that associations can use to increase and sustain diversity in their leadership.
- Address common REALTOR® association human resources issues and concerns, and identify tools and best practices that can assist REALTOR® association staff in relations with other staff and volunteer members.
- Update the AE Competencies and RCE Body of Knowledge document that serves as the foundation for all AEC professional development courses, as well as the RCE designation exam.
- Develop and implement resources to enhance NAR’s Global Business Councils Program and to assist local and state associations in their domestic global efforts to stimulate economic development; implement enhancements to the NAR Global Achievement Program to recognize global business excellence.