Who is it for?
NAR's Green Designation is designed for agents looking to learn about issues of energy efficiency and sustainability in real estate.
What You Gain
- Access to members-only marketing tools to help you build your business and gain a competitive edge
- Comprehensive understanding of how homes with green features should be marketed differently than traditional homes
- Market research about communicating with clients interested in different facets of green
- Improved visibility as a trusted advisor and source of information on green homes
- Listing in the online Green directory
- Exclusive industry webinars
- Pre-written green content for your social media channels
- The Green REsource Council’s monthly newsletter
- Promotional tools including:
- Customizable Green client handouts on a variety of green topics
- Social media headers and images
- Professionally designed banner ads for designee use
- Logos for print media and member Web sites
- Customizable postcard options
- Marketing brochures for consumers and builders
- Personalized press releases
- Access to the GRC Facebook group
- Toolkits, guides, and other resources available through the members-only section of the Green REsource Council web site.
How to Earn It
- Complete two courses, available in classroom or online
- For the online course only, you must pass an exam with a score of 80% or better. The exam is also required by some states for continuing education (CE) credit.
- Member in good standing of the National Association of REALTORS®
- Maintain active membership in NAR's Green REsource Council
- Submit application form after completing the two required classes and their accompanying exams.
- Application fee
- First year free, $98.50 per year after that
For more information, visit the Green REsource Council website.
*Course discount available through the REALTOR Benefits® Program.