“Good Sense Governance” is a monthly series created by NAR’s Association & MLS Governance and Legal Affairs teams, and provides association governance "best practices", as well as topical resources, aimed to help associations implement sound governance practices, and tackle important governance issues.
NAR offers the following resources for association reference and use.
This Fact Sheet (PDF: 528 KB) helps explain the Association's position on harassment and how to prevent it.
- Harassment Policies (PDF) — Northern Virginia Association of REALTORS®
- Harassment Policy (PDF) — Greater Las Vegas Association of REALTORS®
- Harassment Policy (PDF) — Raleigh Regional REALTOR® Association
This Fact Sheet (DOC: 603 KB) helps explain the fiduciary duties officers and directors owe when serving their Association of REALTORS®.
- 2018 Pledge of Fiduciary Duty (PDF) — Virginia REALTORS®
- Board of Directors Agreement to Serve (PDF) — Delaware Association of REALTORS®
- Board of Directors Code of Conduct (PDF) — Scottsdale Area Association of REALTORS®
- Code of Conduct (PDF) — Missouri REALTORS®
- Confidentiality and Conflict of Interest Policy (PDF) — Scottsdale Area Association of REALTORS®
- Conflict of Interest Form (PDF) — Raleigh Regional REALTOR® Association
- Integrity, Conflict of Interest, Disclosure, and Certification Policy and Code of Conduct and Civility Policy for All C.A.R. Directors and Committee Members (PDF) — California Association of REALTORS®
- Policies for Volunteers (PDF) — Northern Virginia Association of REALTORS®
Fiduciary Duties Owed by Directors of Associations:
Director's Duty of Loyalty:
If your association has supplemental resources to add to this toolkit, please send them to Katie Goldberg at firstname.lastname@example.org.