Congratulations to the 2022 AEC Leadership Team!
Congratulations to Jessica Coates, RCE, CEO, Howard County Association of REALTORS®, MD, on her appointment as the 2022 Association Executives Committee Vice Chair! View the full list of the 2022 AEC, Advisory Board and Forum Chairs and Vice Chairs.
Changes to Core Standards Appeal Hearing Process
The Board of Directors approved a series of Core Standards recommendations that impact the appeal hearing process including:
- Enforcing a firm December 31 deadline by when local and commercial associations must complete their Core Standards certification forms
- Formalizing the process by which state associations communicate issues of a local association’s non-compliance to NAR
- Allowing state associations to meet with and provide written documentation to the hearing panel before any appeal
- Prohibiting Core Standards hearing panels from granting extensions to non-compliant associations.
- Requiring a warning letter by February 1 to chief staff and officers of non-compliant associations
- Allowing hearing panels to set a one-year probationary period on non-compliant associations and to impose sanctions with options that are less severe than charter revocation for first-time offenders.
- An NAR-developed training programs to educate local, commercial, and state association volunteer leaders on the Core Standards.
Top Association Management Resources and Toolkits
AE Job Board: Latest Openings
Communications & Marketing Director
Manager, Marketing and Communications
MLS Project Manager & Trainer