Resort and Second Home
Keep up on the latest developments in the resort and second home market, earn the Resort and Second-Home Property Specialist (RSPS) certification, and network with other members who specialize in the buying, selling, or management of investment, development, retirement, or second homes.
Rental Housing Resources
- Advocacy Tips for Short Term Rentals
- Rental Housing Restrictions White Paper Summary
- Full Rental Housing Restrictions White Paper
- Fine Balance Needed Between Property Rights Regulation of Short-Term Rentals
- Navigating the Home Rental Market
- Investment and Vacation Home Buyers Surveys
Tweets from @NAR_Resort
72% of vacation property owners and 71% of investment property owners believe now is a good time to buy.
Despite rising prices, the share of investor and vacation home buyers has held steady in the past two years.
The bill contains housing-related provisions important to REALTORS®,including alleviating the weakening of the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) from the new tax law, and extending the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) through at least mid-summer.
Among seller’s agents who closed a sale in December 2017, survey respondents reported they received 2.2 offers (which means sellers received between two to three offers) on their most recent sale.