Resort and Second Home
Keep up on the latest developments in the resort and second home market, earn the Resort and Second-Home Property Specialist (RSPS) certification, and network with other members who specialize in the buying, selling, or management of investment, development, retirement, or second homes.
Rental Housing Resources
- Advocacy Tips for Short Term Rentals
- Rental Housing Restrictions White Paper Summary
- Full Rental Housing Restrictions White Paper
- Fine Balance Needed Between Property Rights Regulation of Short-Term Rentals
- Navigating the Home Rental Market
- Investment and Vacation Home Buyers Surveys
Vacation homes can cost less than $100,000 in these counties in Maine, New York, Pennsylvania, Missouri, and Michigan.
Top vacation home counties are those where the vacant housing for seasonal, recreational, or occasional use made up 20% or more of the county’s total housing stock.
Many homeowners buy a second home expecting to use it for family vacations, as a rental, to gain equity, or – upon retirement – a future primary residence.