Resort and Second Home
Keep up on the latest developments in the resort and second home market, earn the Resort and Second-Home Property Specialist (RSPS) certification, and network with other members who specialize in the buying, selling, or management of investment, development, retirement, or second homes.
Rental Housing Resources
- Advocacy Tips for Short Term Rentals
- Rental Housing Restrictions White Paper Summary
- Full Rental Housing Restrictions White Paper
- Fine Balance Needed Between Property Rights Regulation of Short-Term Rentals
- Navigating the Home Rental Market
- Investment and Vacation Home Buyers Surveys
Tweets from @NAR_Resort
First-time buyers accounted for 32 percent of sales (29 percent in February 2018).
Realtors® gathered at the 2018 REALTORS® Conference & Expo in Boston to discuss booming markets across the country for business, investment, millennial and retirement buyers.
Eighty-one percent of respondents reported that home prices remained constant or rose in September 2018 compared to levels one year ago (85 percent in September 2017).
An update on current resort and second-home market issues provided by NAR's Advocacy Group.
30% of those with vacation properties and 32% of those with investment properties plan to rent them in 2018 as a short-term rental.