Many communities have adopted some form of rental housing regulation, and many more are rushing to implement ordinances in response to the boom in short-term rental markets. Understanding the implications of these regulations will help you to help your clients.
Rental Housing Restrictions White Paper
State, Local, and Community Resources
- Brochure: Navigating the Home Rental Market
The sharing economy is enticing and it’s important for homeowners to understand and know if they’re able to cash in on this market. This brochure looks at what homeowners should research, their responsibilities, and how to prepare for renting their home.
- Brochure: Short-Term Rentals: Working in the Sharing Economy
This brochure is a guide for members and local associations to utilize when regulations arise and provides best practices that have worked in other communities.
- Community outreach
- State & local issues
- Contact your state or local association for developments in your area.
- Land Use Initiative, Memo Database and Growth Management Factbook
- Rental Housing Restrictions White Paper Section 10.6: Propose Best Practices Rental Regulations as Alternatives
News Releases and Articles
- Fine Balance Needed between Property Rights, Regulation of Short-term Rentals
- How your neighbor’s Airbnb rental can affect your property values
- Airbnb Adopts Rules to Fight Discrimination by Its Hosts
- Arizona Passes S.B. 1350 Prohibiting the Ban of Short-Term Rentals
Investment & Vacation Home Buyers Survey
Non-members can purchase the survey reports in the REALTOR® Store.
The report costs $149.95