Resort and Second-Home Property Specialist (RSPS)
To teach the Resort and Second-Home Property Specialist certification course, you must fulfill a number of educational requirements and have an "Intent to Hire" letter.
To sponsor the course, an organization must hold a license from the Center for REALTOR® Development.
Who Is it For?
The Resort and Second-Home Property Specialist (RSPS) certification is for REALTORS® who specialize in buying, selling, or management of properties for investment, development, retirement, or second homes in resort, recreational, and/or vacation destinations.
What You Gain
- Differentiate yourself on nar.realtor and realtor.com®
- Receive monthly e-newsletters
- Participate in quarterly webinars on investment, second-home, and vacation property issues
- Gain the right to use RSPS logos and marketing materials
- Be eligible to join the private RSPS Facebook group for networking*
- Access to
- Referral form
- RSPS customizable press release
- Marketing materials
- RSPS certificate
- RSPS lapel pin
How to Earn It
For REALTORS® in the U.S.
- Successfully complete the Resort and Second-Home Property Specialist (RSPS) certification course online or in a classroom.
- For the online Resort and Second-Home Property Specialist certification course only, pass the exam at the end of the course with an 80% or better score. The exam is also required by some states for continuing education (CE) credit.
- Member in good standing of the National Association of REALTORS®
- Complete the online application
For International REALTOR® Members
- Successfully complete the Resort & Second-Home Specialists (RSPS) certification online or in a classroom.
- Membership in good standing in a cooperating association outside the U.S. which is party to a Bilateral Cooperation Agreement with the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR).
- Submit a one-time application fee. Normally $194.50, the fee is now 50% off ($97.25) until December 31, 2022. Please allow 5 business days for review and approval. Submit payment via our payment portal.
Cost/Maintaining Your RSPS Certification
- Once you've earned the RSPS certification, you will also be an International REALTOR® Member of NAR for the balance of that calendar year.
- Maintaining your NAR International REALTOR® membership with one yearly fee of USD $75 will keep all of your NAR designations and certifications active.
- Please note that if your International REALTOR® membership goes inactive, so will your RSPS certification.
Questions? Email us at NARcredentials@nar.realtor.
* Note: If you're unable to access the Facebook group using the link above and are an RSPS certified member, please contact NAR Resort and Second Home staff at email@example.com with your preferred email address and Member ID number.