Earning the Resort and Second-Home Property Specialist Certification
1. Have an active membership with the National Association of REALTORS®
2. Successfully complete the Home Sweet (Second) Home: Vacation, Investment, Luxury Properties Course
3. View 3 free one-hour webinars
4. Submit one-time application fee of $194.50. Please allow 5 business days for review and approval.
Benefits of Certification
When you earn the RSPS certification, you will:
- Be differentiated on nar.realtor and REALTOR.com
- Receive monthly e-newsletters, emailed to you on the last Friday of the month
- Participate in quarterly webinars regarding investment, second-home, and vacation property issues
- Gain the right to use RSPS logos and marketing materials
- Be eligible to join the private RSPS Facebook group for networking
- Have access to:
- Referral form
- RSPS press release
- Marketing materials
- RSPS certificate
- RSPS lapel pin
Note: If you're unable to access the Facebook group using the link above and are an RSPS certified member, please contact NAR Resort and Second Home staff at email@example.com with your preferred email address and NRDS member number.
What does it mean to be an RSPS?
RSPS is recognized as an official NAR Certification, and allows buyers and sellers to have confidence in the ability of a REALTOR® who specializes in buying, selling or management of properties for investment, development, retirement, or second homes in a resort, recreational and/or vacation destination, to assist them with their search.
Where can I learn more about the program?
Contact NAR Resort by email firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-874-6500 x8320
Sponsor/Teach a Resort Course
To become a Resort and Second-Home Markets Course Instructor, you must fulfill the following requirements:
- Submit a Resume and a letter of "Intent to Hire" with your instructor application to email@example.com. An "Intent to Hire" letter is a letter from a board that is intending to hire you as an instructor for the Resort and Second-Home Markets Course.
- Hold the RSPS Certification
- Audit a Resort and Second-Home Markets Course
- Commit to attend an Instructor Training Course Sponsored by REBAC
- Complete the Resort Specific Instructor Recertification and Resort Train-the-Trainer courses every two years
- These courses are offered at NAR's Mid-Year and Annual meetings
- You must take both of these courses every two years to keep your instructor status active
- Resort Instructor recertification may sometimes be given via webinar
- Read and agree to Instructor Eligibility and Approval Guidelines by signing and submitting the Instructor Eligibility Acknowledgement Form with your application
In order to sponsor a Resort and Second-Home Markets Course, an organization must hold a REBAC license.
- REBAC license
REBAC-licensed course providers enjoy the best of both worlds—they deliver top-notch real estate education opportunities to their current and prospective members while also earning an exceptional source of non-dues revenue. Over 30 courses are available through the REBAC delivery system.