Survey of Mortgage Originators, Second Quarter 2016
Download (PDF: 4.34 MB)
- Non‐QM lending remained in a slump in the 2nd quarter despite a modest improvement in investor demand for these loans.
- Credit access in general was expected to rise over the coming six months driven by gains in non‐QM and rebuttable presumption.
- The share of transactions delayed due to TRID eased further to 1.7 percent with a slight uptick in TRID‐related cancelations.
- Half of lenders passed increased costs to consumer with a weighted average increase of $258. Lenders were more reluctant to originate smaller loans in the TRID environment.
- The share of lenders unwilling to share closing documents (CD) with REALTORS® rose to 64.3 percent in the 2nd quarter.