REALTORS® Confidence Index
Download (PDF: 2.31 MB)
The REALTORS® Confidence Index (RCI) survey gathers on-the-ground information from REALTORS® based on their real estate transactions in the month. This report presents key results about market transactions.
RCI Highlights February 2021
- Every home sold had more than four offers.
- With little supply in the market, homes typically sold within 20 days (36 days one year ago), a record low since May 2011 when NAR started collecting this information from REALTORS®.
- The share of first-time buyers declined to 31% (33% in the prior month, 32% one year ago).
- The pandemic continues to impact how people live and work. A higher share of buyers, at 85%, purchased a property in a suburban, small town, rural, or resort area (80% one year ago).
- Fifty-nine percent of REALTORS® reported they had potential buyers looking for work-from-home features such as an extra room, a finished basement, or a bigger home.
Note: the REALTOR® Confidence Index is provided by NAR solely for use as a reference. Resale of any part of this data is prohibited without NAR's prior written consent.