REALTORS® Confidence Index
Download (PDF: 1.37 MB)
The REALTORS® Confidence Index (RCI) survey gathers on-the-ground information from REALTORS® based on their real estate transactions in the month. This report presents key results about August 2020 market transactions.
RCI September 2020 Highlights
- Properties typically sold in 21 days.
- REALTORS® reported conducting more home tours, with an average of nearly five in-person home tours compared to only two new listings per agent.
- Every home sold had three offers.
- On average, REALTORS® expect sales in the next three months to slightly increase from last year’s sales level.
- Rising prices are cutting into affordability. The share of first-time buyers decreased to 31% of existing home sales (33% one year ago).
Note: the REALTOR® Confidence Index is provided by NAR solely for use as a reference. Resale of any part of this data is prohibited without NAR's prior written consent.