REALTORS® Confidence Index
Download (PDF: 1.39 MB)
The REALTORS® Confidence Index (RCI) survey gathers on-the-ground information from REALTORS® based on their real estate transactions in the month. This report presents key results about August 2020 market transactions.
RCI Highlights November 2020:
- Properties typically sold in 21 days.
- REALTORS® reported conducting less home tours, with an average of four in-person home tours, down from October. Every home sold had nearly four offers.
- The share of first-time buyers remained at 32% of existing-home sales (31% one year ago).
- The pandemic continues to impact how people live and work. Sixty-four percent of respondents reported they had a client who was looking for work-from-home features.
- Thirty-two percent of respondents reported a higher share of clients who live in the city who want to purchase a home in the suburb or rural area compared to the share in January 2020.
Note: the REALTOR® Confidence Index is provided by NAR solely for use as a reference. Resale of any part of this data is prohibited without NAR's prior written consent.