REALTORS® Confidence Index
Download (PDF: 1.84 MB)
The REALTORS® Confidence Index (RCI) survey gathers on-the-ground information from REALTORS® based on their real estate transactions in the month. This report presents key results about market transactions.
- While home buying demand is still outpacing supply, properties typically stayed on the market for 17 days (17 days in the prior month, 17 days one year ago).
- Eighty-eight percent of listings were on the market for less than one month (87% in the prior month, 88% one year ago).
- The first-time buyer market share edged lower to 28% (30% in the prior month; 31% one year ago).
- With some slow down in vacation home sales, the share of all-cash sales decreased to 26% (28% in the prior month, 25% one year ago).
- Intense competition lingers, and 25% of buyers waived an inspection contingency (23% in the prior month).
Note: the REALTOR® Confidence Index is provided by NAR solely for use as a reference. Resale of any part of this data is prohibited without NAR's prior written consent.