“On Our Radar” is a reading list, curated by our friends at the world’s largest real estate library. That’s right, the National Association of REALTORS® has the largest collection in the world of real estate–related books and other materials.
Here’s our latest roundup of real estate news, trends, and tips that can help your business.
- The rundown: What noise is that? This story investigates a common sound heard by apartment dwellers, from Toronto to Washington, D.C., to France, to Hong Kong. Rest assured, no one is losing their marbles over this mystery.
- The rundown: The BBC takes a deep dive into the very real possibility of more people converting garages into living spaces. Is this a feasible housing solution? We’ll let you decide.
“Embedding Sustainability in Real Estate Transactions” (Urban Land Institute)
- The rundown: This handy roadmap indicates where you can add more sustainable value during the lifecycle of a real estate transaction. Take notes: the potential value at stake is significant and in some cases this means a 50% increase in asset value.
“Twitter Advertising for Real Estate: Here are the Do's and Don'ts” (Realty Biz News)
- The rundown: Keep this article for your reference about best and worst Twitter practices for a real estate professional—even if you’ve been a longtime user. For example, avoid retweeting generic content; make sure to use polls to get people engaged.
“Cause and Effect: What Niche Real Estate Organizations Offer” (REALTOR® Magazine)
- The rundown: If you’ve ever thought about joining a smaller association, let this article be your guide. It includes five tips on getting the most out of whatever niche group you decide to join, for your business and beyond.