Campaign and Election Process for NAR Elected Office
Interested in learning more about the campaign and election process for NAR Elected Office? Find links and forms below about the application for NAR Elected Office, election timeline, and campaign and election rules.
The Application Submission Period for 2022 NAR Elected Office is now closed.
Applications for 2023 NAR Elected Office will be accepted from March 1, 2021 through June 1, 2021.
NAR Campaign & Election Rules Webinar
Are you interested in running for NAR Elected Office or do you support candidates running for NAR Elected Office? Watch this webinar to learn about NAR's campaign and election process, including the application process, key dates and reminders, campaign financial support and endorsement rules, and much more.
Download the presentation slides (PDF: 14 MB)
Overview of 2022 Election Process
View or download (PDF: 225 KB) an overview of the NAR application and campaign process, which outlines the timeline for filing an application for 2022 NAR Elected Office and highlights key reminders about application requirements.
Required Criteria for Candidates and Elected Officers
In order to be deemed eligible to run for NAR Elected Office, a Potential Candidate must meet the required criteria as of June 1st of the year prior to the year in which the Potential Candidate’s election would be held:
- No personal bankruptcy within the last 7 years
- No personal foreclosures within the last 7 years
- Credit score at or above 650
- No current delinquent tax filings and/or payments
Quarterly Financial Reports
- Eligible Candidates and Elected Officers are required to submit a quarterly report within fifteen (15) days of the end of each calendar quarter confirming that the individual continues to meet the Required Criteria for Candidates and Elected Officers.
Campaign & Election Rules Manual
- The Campaign & Election Rules Manual (PDF: 302 KB) outlines the process, procedures, and rules for REALTORS® seeking NAR Elected Office.
Application for Elected Office
- An Endorsed REALTOR® may file an Application for NAR Elected Office beginning on March 1 through June 1 of the year prior to the year in which the Endorsed REALTOR®’s election would be held.
- Applications for 2022 NAR Elected Office will be accepted from March 1, 2020 through June 1, 2020.
Campaign & Election Timeline for Candidates Seeking a National Office
- View or download the Campaign & Election Timeline for 2022 NAR Elected Office.
Potential Candidate Campaign Team Disclosure Form
- The Potential Campaign Team Disclosure Form must be submitted with the Application for NAR Elected Office.
Financial Disclosure Statement
- The Financial Disclosure Statement must be completed by candidates for NAR President-Elect, First Vice President, and Treasurer.