Interested in learning more about the campaign and election process for NAR elected office? Click on the links below to learn more about the Application for Elected Office, election timeline, and campaign and election rules.
Applications for 2021 Elected Office will be accepted from March 1, 2019 through June 3, 2019.
Questions regarding the NAR’s campaign and election process may be directed to Lesley Muchow, NAR Deputy General Counsel (firstname.lastname@example.org), and Amy Jones, NAR Legal Coordinator, (email@example.com).
Required Criteria for Candidates and Elected Officers
A Potential Candidate must meet the required criteria as of the end of the submission period in order to be deemed eligible to run for NAR elected office:
- No personal bankruptcy filing within the last 7 years
- No personal foreclosures within the last 7 years
- Credit score at or above 650
- No current delinquent tax filings and/or payments
Quarterly Financial Reports
- Eligible Candidates and Elected Officers are required to submit a quarterly report within fifteen (15) days of the end of each calendar quarter confirming that the individual continues to meet the Required Criteria for Candidates and Elected Officers.
Campaign & Election Rules Manual
- The Campaign & Election Rules Manual (PDF: 308 KB) outlines the process, procedures, and rules for conducting a campaign for NAR elected office.
Application for Elected Office
- An interested REALTOR® may file an Application for Elected Office beginning on March through June of the year prior to the year in which the interested REALTOR®’s election would be held.
- Applications for 2021 Elected Office will be accepted from March 1, 2019 through June 3, 2019.
Campaign & Election Timeline for Candidates Seeking a National Office
- View or download the Campaign & Election Timeline for 2021 NAR Elected Office.
Potential Candidate Campaign Team Disclosure Form
- The Potential Campaign Team Disclosure Form must be submitted with the Application for Elected Office.
Financial Disclosure Statement
- The Financial Disclosure Statement must be completed by candidates for NAR President-elect, First Vice President, and Treasurer.