Campaign and Election Process for NAR Elected Office
Campaign Webinar for 2025 NAR Elected Offices
Join 2023 CCRC Chair Charlie Oppler for a webinar on February 3, 2023 at 11 a.m. CT discussing important information about running for 2025 NAR Elected Offices (and beyond). Topics include the application process, key dates for candidates, campaign financial support, endorsements, the RVP election process, and more. The webinar will be recorded.
Interested in learning more about the campaign and election process for NAR Elected Office? Find links and forms below about the application for NAR Elected Office, election timeline, and campaign and election rules.
Applications for 2024 NAR Elected Office must be submitted between March 1, 2023 through June 1, 2023.
Questions about NAR’s campaign and election process may be directed to Credentials and Campaign Rules Committee Staff Executive Deanne Rymarowicz.
Required Criteria for Candidates and Elected Officers
In order to be deemed eligible to run for NAR Elected Office, a Potential Candidate must meet the required criteria as of June 1st of the year prior to the year in which the Potential Candidate’s election would be held:
- No personal bankruptcy pending or discharged within the last 7 years
- No personal foreclosures within the last 7 years
- Credit score at or above 650
- No current delinquent tax filings and/or payments
Qualifications & Guidelines for Regional Vice President Candidates
Campaign & Election Rules Manual
- The Campaign & Election Rules Manual outlines the process, procedures, and rules for REALTORS® seeking NAR Elected Office.
Applications for 2024 NAR Elected Office must be submitted between March 1, 2022 through June 1, 2022.
- An Endorsed REALTOR® may file an Application for NAR Elected Office beginning on March 1 through June 1 of the year prior to the year in which the Endorsed REALTOR®’s election would be held.
- The Potential Campaign Team Disclosure Form must be submitted with the Application for NAR Elected Office.
- The Financial Disclosure Statement must be completed by candidates for NAR President-Elect, First Vice President, and Treasurer.
- Eligible Candidates and Appointed and Elected Officers are required to submit a quarterly report within fifteen (15) days of the end of each calendar quarter confirming that the individual continues to meet the Required Criteria.