Distinguished Service Award
The National Association's DSA Selection Council invites your state's submission of a qualified candidate for the NAR Distinguished Service Award (DSA).
NAR’s Distinguished Service Award is the ultimate recognition for the dedicated REALTOR® who has always set themselves apart as a leader.
REALTORS® who receive the award have shown exceptionally meritorious service for at least 25 years and have been recognized as local leaders whose performance and involvement in political and community activities have been extraordinary.
The Distinguished Service Award was first established in 1979, based on the recommendation of NAR’s 1970 President, Rich Port of LaGrange, IL. President Port’s goal was to honor those members who served with distinction at ALL levels of organized real estate. In 1979, there were a total of 9 recipients of the DSA, before it was established in 1985 that only two (2) recipients would be selected each year.
Learn more about our 2020 DSA honorees:
All REALTORS® being considered for the NAR DSA must complete, sign*, and submit the following:
*Electronic signatures are accepted.
Qualifications & Guidelines for NAR DSA Applicants
When completing the nomination form and application, keep the following in mind:
- Be sure to thoroughly review the Selection Guidelines and Candidate Criteria prior to submission.
- The appearance of the nomination form in a neat and consistent format is important. Incomplete documentation may affect the Council's final decision.
- When completing the application, in each category, be sure to list all awards, recognitions and leadership positions first in descending order (most recent first); followed by your remaining accomplishments, also in descending order.
- The DSA Nomination Form must include the signatures of the President or AE of both the Location Association AND the State Association.
- Both the DSA Nomination Form AND the DSA Application must be signed by the DSA Candidate. ELECTRONIC SIGNATURES ARE ACCEPTED.
- The accuracy and completeness of the application being submitted must be reviewed and signed by the REALTOR® who is being nominated. Any Application that has not been approved and signed by the REALTOR® being nominated will not be accepted.
- An outline of the applicant's NAR Expertise Profile can be accessed here.
- An outline of the applicant’s committee history can be accessed here.
A professional headshot of the nominee is required in the form of a high resolution electronic file. To ensure clarity, the photo should have a minimum resolution of 1200x1600 pixels. You may e-mail your photo to NARDSA@nar.realtor. Prints will not be accepted in lieu of an electronic file.
Submissions for 2021 are Closed! DSA Honorees will be announced during the May 14 Board of Directors meeting during the REALTORS® Legislative Meetings.
Questions regarding the NAR DSA selection process may be directed to Len Tovar, 312-329-8275 or NARDSA@nar.realtor.