Founded in 1851 in Columbia, Missouri, Columbia College has been helping students advance their lives through higher education for nearly 170 years. As a private, nonprofit, liberal arts and sciences institution, the college takes pride in its small classes, experienced faculty, and quality educational programs. The college, accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, offers 11 associate, 53 bachelor’s and four master’s degree programs at 36 campuses nationwide through day, evening, and online classes. Columbia College educates more than 18,000 students each year and has 91,000+ alumni worldwide.
Due to its legacy of academic excellence, global reach, and robust online programs, Columbia College was deemed the ideal partner for NAR Academy. It has a history of providing high-quality distance-learning degree completion programs and Columbia College is especially committed to serving working professionals. The partnership with NAR, announced in 2019, includes real estate certificates and degrees that are granted through the Business Administration Department in the Robert W. Plaster School of Business.
Highlights for REALTORS®
- Columbia College offers a wide range of business and real estate-specific programs—from certificates and associate degrees to bachelor’s and master’s programs.
- REALTORS® receive three academic credit hours toward undergraduate degrees or certificates for a current state-issued real estate agent or broker’s license.
- Students can receive credit for CLEP tests, military training, and courses completed through eligible programs at other accredited colleges.
- With Truition®, students know exactly how much a certificate or degree will cost. There are no technology or course fees and all books and materials are provided at no extra cost.
- Courses are offered online and at 36 extended campuses nationwide.
- Courses are scheduled in eight-week sessions starting six times per year.
- Electives and core classes can be mixed and matched to customize the educational experience.
- Certificates are stackable into an associate degree, saving time and money.
- Online courses are designed to be the equivalent of in-seat traditional courses. All faculty are trained in the college’s robust learning management system, ensuring a variety of student learning modalities that reinforce skill acquisition.
Columbia College Fast Facts
- Opened in 1851
- Started online program in 2000
- Serves 18,000 students annually
- Has 91,000+ alumni
- Serves more than 7,000 service members and dependents
- Has 36 campuses nationwide
- 11 associate degrees
- 53 bachelor’s degrees
- 4 master’s degrees