Who is it for?
The course work for the At Home with Diversity® certification is designed to enable you to work successfully with and within a rapidly changing multicultural market. It will help you to learn diversity sensitivity, how it applies to U.S. fair housing laws in your business, and ways to develop professional guidelines for working with people in the increasingly multicultural real estate market.
What You Gain
- Knowledge of the subtleties of U.S. fair housing laws
- Business etiquette for specific cultures
- An edge in expanding your business to include international clientele
- Credit towards the ABR® and CIPS designations, and as a task in the C2EX program
- Some states also give continuing education (CE) credit and GRI credit for this course
How to Earn It
For U.S. REALTORS®
- An exam is required for the online course, and is also required by some states for continuing education (CE) credit.
- Member in good standing of the National Association of REALTORS®
- The AHWD application fee, normally priced at $75 has been discounted to $40 to REALTORS® as a part of the Right Tools, Right Now Program. Take advantage now through December 31, 2021.
Online version of the course: $99.00
Classroom version of the course varies by course provider
One-time Application Fee
The AHWD application fee, normally priced at $75 has been discounted to $40 to REALTORS® as a part of the Right Tools, Right Now Program. Take advantage now through December 31, 2021.
For International REALTORS®
- Membership in good standing in a cooperating association outside the U.S. which is party to a Bilateral Cooperation Agreement with the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR).
- Online version of the course: $99.00
- Classroom version of the course varies by course provider
Cost/Maintaining Your AHWD Certification
- Once you've earned the AHWD certification, you will also be an International REALTOR® Member of NAR for the balance of that calendar year.
- Maintaining your NAR International REALTOR® membership with one yearly fee of USD $75 will keep all of your NAR designations and certifications active.
- Please note that if your International REALTOR® membership goes inactive, so will your AHWD certification.
- Questions? Email us at NARcredentials@nar.realtor.
- For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-329-8393