Applications for 2022 are now closed.
New This Year:
A short introductory video of 60-90 seconds maximum is required with the submission of your application. The short video will provide you with an opportunity to speak directly to the Leadership Academy Advisory Group and express why you are interested in the NAR Leadership Academy.
You are welcome to share why you decided to apply for the Academy, share a leadership story or you may choose one of the sample questions provided.
In a 60-90 second self-shot video, describe why you want to be a part of the Leadership Academy program and what makes you the ideal candidate.
Upload your video submission to your personal YouTube account as Unlisted, so only you and the Leadership Academy reviewers will see it. Copy and paste the YouTube URL into the field. NAR cannot accept and store video files; you must upload to YouTube.
Help Uploading an Unlisted YouTube Video:
1. Confirm your account
- If you have a Gmail or Google account, you already have a YouTube account.
- If you do not have a Google account, learn how to create one here.
2. Upload your video
- This video tutorial from the University of Central Florida walks you through the steps of creating an Unlisted video on your personal YouTube channel.
- If you are new to YouTube, you may be prompted to create a channel when you start your first upload. Click “Get Started” when prompted, and follow the on-screen dialogue to choose a name for your YouTube channel. Selecting “Use your name” is quick and easy.
3. Submit your video
- Copy and paste the video link to Section VIII of the application.
Note: Your video will only be viewed by the Leadership Academy Advisory Group and NAR staff.
Sample Video Questions
- How would you describe yourself to someone who doesn’t know you?
- If you had an hour with any person (past or present) who would it be and what would you ask them?
- What is one thing you are most proud of (personally or professionally) and why?
- How would you describe your leadership style?
- What techniques have you used to motivate a team, group or person when they were unmotivated?
- How do goals help you become a better leader?
- Give us an example of how you handle disagreements on your team.
The categories for selecting a reference has expanded. Below is the updated category list:
- Current or Past Local and/or State Association Executive
- Current or Past Local and/or State REALTOR® officer
- Current or Past Officers from NAR’s Affiliates, Societies and Councils
- Current or Past Officers from Community Organizations
- Current or Past Officers from Real Estate Multicultural Organizations
Please see Section V in the application for more details.
NAR Leadership Skills Assessment
All Leadership Academy applicants must complete the NAR Leadership Skills Assessment.