REALTOR® members with demonstrated leadership abilities, and who are passionate about the industry and the issues, are encouraged to apply. Applicants often possess formal training from a local or state REALTOR® association, a JD, MBA, community, or military leadership program(s) in lieu of formal training. Be prepared to describe an incident or activity that had the most impact on your development as a leader. Responses to industry challenges and leadership aspirations are given careful consideration, as they reflect personal point of view and vision.
Consideration will also be given to applicants who demonstrate an ability to contribute to diversity based on age, gender, ethnicity, geography, specialty, etc.
The application deadline was February 7, 2023.
You are likely overqualified if you have served on one or more of these positions:
- Chair on two or more NAR committees or forums
- NAR Executive Committee member
- State REALTOR® Association President
- President of one of NAR’s Institutes, Societies and Councils
You are overqualified if you have serve(d) as NAR:
- Committee Liaison
- NAR Regional Vice President (RVP)
- NAR Leadership Team
- Finance Committee Member*
*Except if appointed by virtue of another position
If appointed to an NAR leadership position, you may be asked to resign.
- Committee experience at the state, local and national level, including committee positions and an NAR Expertise Profile.
- The candidate understands the time commitment of participating in the NAR Leadership Academy and acknowledges support of networks in their personal and professional life.
- The candidate agrees to prepare for, attend, and fully participate in the live and virtual Leadership Academy meetings, as well as any other meetings required if selected.
- The candidate is aware of and able to commit to the duties, responsibilities and time commitment required as a member of NAR’s Leadership Academy.
- The candidate confirms no conflict exists within an applicant’s company and/or other roles that may prohibit them from participating in the Leadership Academy.
- Information on application may be verified.