Census data are invaluable to the NAR research team. Based upon decennial census data, NAR is able to:
- Analyze census data related to the number of homebuyers in a particular area or universe of sales;
- Compare census data to NAR’s local and national figures;
- Forecast and make projections about housing industry growth;
- Evaluate trends in generational housing demands and populations at state and local levels;
- Analyze migration trends of recent movers to identify potential customers and markets;
- Identify trends in household formation; and
- Better understand the population of homeowners who have been affected by natural disasters.
For additional information about the 2020 Census, please visit 2020census.gov.