The front door of a home can be an attention-getting feature on the home’s exterior, beckoning potential buyers inside.
“Like a necktie, which is the focal point of an outfit, the front door is the focal point of the home,” says Debbie Zimmer, color expert at the Paint Quality Institute. "The color there sends a strong message.”
So what message could the color on the front door of your listings be conveying? Color psychologists suggest that the color of the front door can make a powerful statement about the home or the owner. Here’s what they say the different front door hues can mean, according to the Paint Quality Institute:
- Blue: Conveys a place of refuge or retreat
- Green: Projects health, tranquility, and harmony
- Black: Projects strength, power, and authority
- Red: Conveys passion, energy, and excitement
- Brown: Offers a natural look that can convey warmth, stability, and reliability