The NAR Research team is a resource for REALTORS®, policymakers, and the public. Our skilled economists produce and analyze a wide range of data, providing the best resources and information on real estate.
- Wealth Gains by Income and Racial/Ethnic Group (April 2023): This report looks at how homeownership can be a catalyst for building wealth for households in low-/middle-income and minority groups.
- A Snapshot of Race and Home Buying in America (March 2023): A report looking at homeownership trends, mortgage market, and affordability by race and home buyer demographics using data from the NAR 2022 Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers.
- 2022 Obstacles to Home Buying: This report, conducted in partnership with Morning Consult, explores current obstacles to home buying broken down by race/ethnicity – with the lack of affordable homes ranking as the top obstacle holding back potential home buyers of all races.
- The Double Trouble of the Housing Market (February 2022): A report on the "two troubles" simultaneously impacting the housing market: record home prices and record low inventory, using data analyzing affordability at different income levels for all active inventory on the market and done in partnership with Realtor.com®.
- Congressional District and State Reports: These reports provide data on housing and real estate in states and congressional districts.
- State Economic Impact Reports: These reports demonstrate the benefits of homeownership and income generated by home sales in local economies.
- Analysis and Case Studies in Office-to-Housing Conversions: An analysis of how vacant office buildings are being converted into housing in response to the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on the commercial real estate market and the nationwide housing shortage.
These and many more reports, surveys, and data collections are available in the Research and Statistics section of nar.realtor.