Home Buyer and Seller Generational Trends
Since 2013, the National Association of REALTORS® has been writing the Home Buyers and Sellers Generational Trends Report. This report provides insights into differences and similarities across generations of home buyers and home sellers. The home buyer and seller data is taken from the annual Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers.
- Younger Millennials are broken out in this report—at 11 percent they are now a larger home buyers group than the Silent Generation (7 percent).
- Millennials overall remain the largest generation of buyers.
- 1 in 4 Younger Boomer and Silent Gen buyers are single females
- Older Millennials are most likely to have children under the age of 18 in the home at 69 percent.
- Gen Xers are now most likely to buy a multi-generational home at 16 percent.
- Younger Millennials purchase homes through agents, with the highest share of any generation at 92 percent.
Take this course to learn more about the characteristics of the different generations of home buyers you work with, their expectations, and their communication preferences. The course offers generation-specific marketing tools, networking tips, scripts, and counseling strategies to help you improve your business.
This two-day training program offers real estate agents the unique opportunity to learn and build key skills in counseling adults age 50+ through selling their family home, buying rental property, moving to a senior community, among many other issues. This course fulfills the training requirement for the SRES designation.