At Home With Diversity® (AHWD) is an NAR certification program designed to present a picture of the changing face of the real estate industry. Since 1998, the At Home With Diversity® program has prepared over 20,000 REALTORS® to work effectively with and within today’s increasingly diverse pool of homebuyers.
The At Home with Diversity® course is a 6 to 7-hour class that can be taken online or in person and addresses the topics of diversity, fair housing, and business planning development. After successfully completing the course, REALTORS® are eligible to apply for the official AHWD certification, which conveys to clients they’re working with a dynamic real estate professional with expertise that transcends cultural barriers.
About the Course
The At Home With Diversity® Course teaches REALTORS® how to:
- Assess and understand attributes of diversity in local markets and their impact on the real estate industry
- Understand basic competencies to earn the confidence of potential buyers and sellers, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, handicaps, familial status, or national origin
- Build a business plan that minimizes risk and successfully services all types of clients
Additional Course Benefits
- Eligibility for the AHWD certification
- Continuing Education credit potential (depending on your state)
- Elective credit toward the ABR®, GRI (depending on your state), CIPS, and PMN designations
- The AHWD certification counts toward C2EX endorsement
Take the Course
Regular price $99.00 / RTRN 2020 price: $49.00 through December 31, 2020.
Apply for the AHWD Certification
AHWD application requirements:
- Take the AHWD course and pass the final exam, if required*
- Be an active NAR member in good standing
- Submit the following to NAR:
*The exam is required for the online course, and a few states require it for continuing education (CE) credit.
AHWD Certification Benefits
- At Home With Diversity® Certification certificate of achievement
- Updated education records on nar.realtor and NRDS directory listings
- Congratulatory letter from the National Association of REALTORS®
- Exclusive access to At Home With Diversity® marketing tools and resources
- Networking and referral opportunities in the official At Home With Diversity® Certification Holders Facebook group