REALTORS® Confidence Index
Download (PDF: 2.6 MB)
The REALTORS® Confidence Index is a key indicator of housing market strength based on a monthly survey sent to over 50,000 real estate practitioners. Practitioners are asked about their expectations for home sales, prices and market conditions. In addition, the "Questions of the Month," feature results of a timely aspect of the housing market.
Note: the REALTOR® Confidence Index is provided by NAR solely for use as a reference. Resale of any part of this data is prohibited without NAR's prior written consent.
- Properties were typically on the market for 27 days (26 days in June 2018).
- Eighty-six percent of respondents reported that home prices remained constant or rose in June 2019 compared to levels one year ago (87 percent in June 2018).
- First-time buyers accounted for 35 percent of sales (31 percent in June 2018).
- Cash sales made up 16 percent of sales (22 percent in June 2018).
- Twenty percent of sellers offered incentives such as paying for closing costs (11 percent), providing warranty (8 percent), and undertaking remodeling (2 percent).