REALTORS® Confidence Index
Download (PDF: 3.16 MB)
The REALTORS® Confidence Index (RCI) survey gathers on-the-ground information from REALTORS® based on their real estate transactions in the month. This report presents key results about August 2020 market transactions.
REALTORS Confidence Index Highlights October 2020:
- Properties typically sold in 21 days.
- REALTORS® reported conducting more home tours, with an average of nearly five in-person home tours compared to only two new listings per agent.
- Every home sold had nearly four offers.
- On average, REALTORS® expect sales in the next three months to slightly increase from last year’s sales level.
- The share of first-time buyers increased to 32% of existing home sales (31% one year ago).
Note: the REALTOR® Confidence Index is provided by NAR solely for use as a reference. Resale of any part of this data is prohibited without NAR's prior written consent.