Profile of International Residential Real Estate Activity in Florida
Download (PDF 1.7 MB)
- Foreign buyer purchases of Florida residential properties increased to $24.2 billion. This accounted for 21 percent of Florida’s residential dollar volume of sales. Nationally, foreign buyers comprised 10 percent of the dollar volume of existing home sales.
- Foreign buyers purchased 61,300 residential properties, which made up 15 percent of Florida’s residential market.
- Nationally, foreign buyer residential purchases accounted for five percent of existing-home sales.
- The median purchase price among foreign buyers increased to $259,400, in line with the overall increase in the median price of Florida’s existing home sales of $220,100.
- The median price among foreign buyers was 18 percent higher than the median price of Florida’s existing home sales.