WASHINGTON (March 13, 2023) – On Thursday, March 16th at the Capital Hilton, in Washington, DC, the National Association of Realtors® will host a Policy Forum: The Current Housing Market: Implications for Homebuyers and the Economy, bringing together policymakers, academic experts, and industry innovators to discuss housing affordability.
The policy forum will also showcase NAR’s housing priorities for the new year, examining the impact of home price growth and rising mortgage rates on housing affordability and the economy and how tackling these issues will bring broad benefits to all economic sectors.
During the forum, attendees will hear from Government leaders, industry experts, and thought innovators, including:
- Director of the Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA), Sandra Thompson
- U.S. Senator Catherine Cortez Masto (NV)
- Former Chairman, President's Council of Economic Advisers (2017-19), Kevin Hassett
- Former U.S. Senator and Ambassador to New Zealand and Samoa, Scott P. Brown
- Senior Advisor to the Cato Institute & Former Director of the Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA), Mark A. Calabria
- Senior Economics Writer for The Economist, Callum Williams
- Managing Director, Head of External Affairs and Impact Strategies, Amherst, Genger Charles
- Associate Professor of Public Administration & Policy, Tennessee State University, Dr. Kenneth Chilton
- Chief of Staff, Office of Housing/Federal Housing Administration, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, Nate Shultz
- Assistant Director, Mortgage Markets, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Mark McArdle
- 2023 Vice President of Advocacy, National Association of REALTORS®, Pete Kopf
- Vice President of Policy Advocacy, National Association of REALTORS®, Bryan Greene
- Chief Advocacy Officer, National Association of REALTORS®, Shannon McGahn
The policy forum will be held on Thursday, March 16th, from 11 a.m.- 4 p.m. at the Capital Hilton in Washington, DC.
To register for the forum, please visit: https://www.nar.realtor/events/policy-forum/registration.
The National Association of Realtors® is America's largest trade association, representing more than 1.5 million members involved in all aspects of the residential and commercial real estate industries. The term Realtor® is a registered collective membership mark that identifies a real estate professional who is a member of the National Association of Realtors® and subscribes to its strict Code of Ethics.
# # #