*Schedule subject to change
8:00 am – 9:00 am
Welcome Breakfast & Registration
- Enjoy breakfast, network with your peers, pick up your name badge, and stop by the resource tables to learn more from your National, State, and Local Associations.
9:00 am – 9:10 am
- John Smaby, 2019 NAR President, Broker, Edina Realty
- Lori Palermo, 2019 Oregon Association of REALTORS® President-Elect, Principal Broker and co-owner, Palermo Real Estate
9:10 am – 10:00 am
Datashock: Artificial Intelligence, Connectedness, and Readying for the Big Data Future
The future is going to be driven by Artificial Intelligence (AI). Huge power lies in smart algorithms combined with the vast amount of big data generated by sensors, Internet of Things devices, and human behavior – from financial transactions to social interactions to increasingly trackable behavior. How will AI help people make better decisions? How will it affect or even potentially replace some human tasks altogether? How could it alter long-standing practices in your industry? Where do business opportunities lie in leveraging new technological capabilities, and how can organizations prepare for these changes? The key, according to Dr. Jennifer Golbeck, is to focus on the strategic impact of these technologies.
- Jennifer Golbeck, Director of the Social Intelligence Lab, and a professor in the College of Information Studies at the University of Maryland, College Park
10:00 am – 10:30 am
The Biggest Political Victories and Threats to the Real Estate Market
NAR works for you by advocating for federal policy initiatives that strengthen the ability to own, buy, and sell real property. Hear what’s going on in the local market.
- Gerry Allen, Vice President of RPAC Fundraising and Campaign Services, National Association of REALTORS®
10:30 am – 10:40 am
10:50 am – 11:10 am
Recruiting and Selecting the Right Agents
There may be no faster way to grow a successful brokerage than by recruiting top performing agents…but how can you tell the difference between those candidates that look good from those that will perform good? In this session, discover: three key characteristics that all top agents possess and how to uncover these in the recruiting process; how to develop "must-ask" interview questions that will cause candidates to reveal the information you really need to know; and industry-based research that gives you the exact criteria for top-performing agents that you can immediately use to write job ads and screen new agents.
- Jess Biller, President, Paramount Consulting
11:10 am – 12:00 pm
Fighting Wire Fraud and Cyber Crime
- Melanie Wyne, Senior Technology Policy Representative, National Association of REALTORS®
12:00 pm – 12:45 pm
- Enjoy a buffet lunch, network with your peers, and stop by the resource tables to learn more from your National, State, and Local Associations.
12:45 pm – 1:15 pm
Legal and Risk Management: What to Know Now
Learn about important resources and risk management information that will directly help you save money and reduce your risk of liability.
- Charlie Lee, Associate Counsel, National Association of REALTORS®
1:15 pm – 1:45 pm
Housing Market Outlook
Hear about the latest housing market forecast, home prices, and trends in the real estate market.
- Dr. Jessica Lautz, Vice President, Demographics and Behavioral Insights, Research, National Association of REALTORS®
1:45 pm – 2:05 pm
The Automation Effect
Tomorrow's digital environment is being shaped today. Every industry is examining how artificial intelligence, machine learning, augmented reality, and a host of other technologies will make their businesses look in 2020 and beyond. Delving into these issues from a real estate perspective empowers you to know what's on horizon and how not only to survive, but thrive!
- Brian Copeland, 2019 NAR VP of Association Affairs, Founder Doorbell Real Estate
2:05 pm – 4:30 pm
Breakouts will occur simultaneously in 30-minute sessions. Attendees will be able to choose up to 4 different sessions they want to attend, and will hear from presenters with the opportunity to share ideas and network with like-minded individuals.
- Retaining and Motivating Your Current Agents
- Led by Jess Biller, President, Paramount Consulting
- Video, Video Everywhere… Get ready to Shoot Great Videos at Any Time
- Led by Colin Mullane, Principal Broker & Owner, Full Circle Real Estate
- Social Media Best Practices for Risk Management
- Led by Barb Canaday, Principal Broker, Barbara Canaday Real Estate PC
- Social Storytelling and Your Brand
- Led by Thomas “T.J.” Doyle, Director of Digital Communications, National Association of REALTORS®
- Legal and Risk Management
- Led by Charlie Lee, Associate Counsel, National Association of REALTORS®
- What’s Next for Brokerages?
- Led by Rick Harris, Principal Broker, Coldwell Banker Pro West Ashland
- Coach Your Agents to a Team
- Led by Karen Church, Principal Broker, RE/MAX Integrity
- Consistently Consistent - Leading by Leveraging Automation, Integrations, and Control to Drive More Transactions
- Sponsored by Amarki
- Led by Jeff Madl, Director of Sales & Business Development, Amarki
4:30 pm – 6:00 pm
- Wrap up the day networking with your peers while enjoying hors d’oeuvres and cocktails.
- Location: Redwood Grove at the Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Washington Square