Q: Can I bring a guest?
A: You are welcome to travel with a companion(s). Your guest is welcome to attend Wednesday evening's event at AT&T Stadium. If you plan to bring a guest, please be sure that you indicated as such on the registration form. Additionally, please note that guest travel and additional guest rooms will be at the expense of the member or guest.
Q: What is the conference dress code?
A: Dress is business casual, which means dressing professionally, looking relaxed yet neat and pulled together. For Wednesday night's event at AT&T Stadium, members are encouraged to dress casually and wear their favorite team's jersey or colors.
Q: What will the weather be like?
A: Plan for weather before you arrive by checking the local forecast. Average temperature for Fort Worth in early December is around 60 degrees.
Q: How do I know which meeting or event I need to attend?
A: Please refer to the agenda page. If you still have questions regarding your role, please contact the staff executive(s) responsible for either your program or committee.
Q: When should I plan my arrival and departure?
A: Please refer to the attendee chart and note your arrival and departure date. If you still have questions about your arrival please contact your respective staff executive(s).
Q: Can I stay for additional nights?
A: If you’d like to extend your stay outside of the allotted conference dates at your own expense, please contact Stephanie Quinn (email@example.com). Please do not contact Stephanie until conference registration opens in early October.
Q: How do I submit my expenses after my trip is complete?
A: The NAR Member Expense Form can be found here. Forms should be filled out and sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be certain to note your respective staff executive(s) name on the report.
Q: What costs are covered by NAR?
A: The following costs are covered by NAR:
- Hotel lodging for necessary meeting dates (please note: incidentals are covered by the member during his/her stay)
- Wireless internet in guest rooms & meeting space
- Meals during various meetings
- Coach class airfare
- Ground transportation costs
Q: I'm concerned about Ebola. Is NAR monitoring the situation?
A: In preparation for the upcoming REALTOR® Party Training Conference, NAR is working in tandem with the Worthington Renaissance, Courtyard Fort Worth Downtown, DFW International Airport, Dallas Love Field, US Centers for Disease Control and the Department of Homeland Security, as well as the U.S. Travel Association, to monitor the developments surrounding Ebola and its potential impact on travelers to and within the United States.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Department of Homeland Security’s Customs & Border Protection have begun new layers of entry screening at five U.S. airports (New York's John F. Kennedy Airport, New Jersey's Newark, Washington D.C.'s Dulles, Chicago's O'Hare and Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson) that receive over 94 percent of travelers from the Ebola-affected nations of Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone. DFW International Airport and Love Field are not entry points for direct travel from Africa.
- No travel ban has been initiated – the CDC has stated that the best way to protect ourselves is not to seal off these countries, but to work to contain the disease there.
- The CDC is currently not recommending screening at U.S. conferences.
- The Fort Worth Convention & Visitors Bureau receives regular updates from the Tarrant County Public Health Department, which direct the local integrated response in these matters with local organizations and agencies.
- NAR will continue to monitor information made available by Fort Worth officials along with airport and tourism industry professionals following these developments and make all pertinent information available to you.
- There is much confusion and misconceptions about Ebola and its transmission. Currently, the most reliable sources of information include the following websites:
- Should you feel sick for any reason, there are many options available while in Fort Worth. Below is the list of the nearest hospital to the event:
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth – 1.7 miles
1301 Pennsylvania Ave.