Who is it for?
The REALTOR® Association Certified Executive (RCE) is the only professional designation designed specifically for REALTOR® association executives. The RCE designation exemplifies goal-oriented association executives with drive, experience and commitment to professional growth.
What You Gain
- The right to use the designation after your name
- Formal recognition at the annual Association Executives Institute (AEI)
- An RCE plaque to display and an RCE pin to wear
- Enhanced skills in every aspect of REALTOR® association management
- Networking with other association executive leaders
How to Earn It
- You must be employed in one of the following ways:
- Full- or part-time employee of a local or state association of REALTORS®
- Full- or part-time employee of a regional multiple listing service owned by a REALTOR® association
- Full- or part-time employee of a business which is, directly or indirectly, wholly-owned by one or more REALTOR® association(s)
- Full- or part-time employee of NAR
- Full- or part-time employee of a provincial association or another organization affiliated with the Canadian Real Estate Association
- Candidates earn the designation by accumulating a minimum of 350 points through
- Professional development activities
- Professional achievements
- Points are recorded using the online Applicant Data Form
- CAE designees are eligible for RCE designation through a streamlined process.
- The RCE exam consists of three modules, which you can either take all in one day or separately, in any sequence.
- You must score 75% or better to pass each exam
- You have two years after the date you submit your application to pass all three exam modules
- The exam is offered on-site once a year:
- At the AE Institute
- The exam is offered locally, online, with an RCE proctor, twice a year:
- 2-3 weeks before the REALTORS® Conference & Expo
- 2-3 weeks before the AE Institute
- Complete and submit the online Application Data Form (ADF).
- Deadlines for submitting applications are July 1 and December 1.
- Every four years, you must submit a re-certification form.
- Application fee
- Certification fee
- Re-certification fee (every four years)
- Annual dues
- Exam module re-take fee
- $50 per module
- NOTE: The Judith Lindenau RCE Scholarship of up to $570 is available to cover the expense of the application and certification fees.