NAR offers Continuing Education opportunities under many different umbrellas. Some of the offerings are: code of ethics training, self-study programs for AEs, training at conferences such as the Leadership Summit, REALTOR® University's Master of Real Estate, and certification and designation courses.
What kind of opportunities do NAR and its affiliates offer?
Certifications & Designations
- NAR and its affiliates offer more than 24 certifications and designations. The designations and certifications offered by NAR and its affiliates cover a wide range of real estate specialties, including residential, commercial, international, appraisal, resort, short sales and foreclosures, brokerage management, property management, military relocation, and more.
- Earn your Master of Real Estate degree through REALTOR® University.
- REALTOR® U is a global online campus that offers access to the largest real estate library on the planet.
- Courses are available for REALTORS® to take that are not part of certifications or designations. Training is available both in classroom and online.
Code of Ethics Training
- Both new member and existing member courses are available through NAR. Training may be completed through local REALTOR® associations or through another method, such as home study, correspondence, classroom courses, or online courses.
REALTOR® Association Management Self-Study Courses
- Courses include the basic free self-study course on management and policy, an advanced course, and an in-depth course on professional standards.
Training at Conferences & Meetings
- Attending the Leadership Summit or the AE Institute? A number of NAR's meetings and conference include education opportunities for members and leadership.
Are there classes I can take online?
Yes. A number of the certification courses are available online as well as in the classroom. The NAR Education Matrix houses a separate listing of online course.
Where can I find a schedule of in-person classes?
The NAR Education Matrix houses information about all the designations, certifications, courses, seminars, community program and online education offered by NAR and its affiliated Institutes, Societies and Councils. Training4RE.com also provides a site for all live, classroom training needed for NAR designations and certifications.
Where else can I look for courses?
Check with your state or local associations for more courses available.