Code of Ethics Training
All courses below fulfill the REALTOR® Code of Ethics Training Requirement.
Please note that options on the page have changed. If you are returning for the "old course" (formerly option #3 on this page), that course and all progress records have been deleted. Individuals that began, but did not complete, the "old course" (formerly option #3) may fulfill the course requirement by taking course option #1 or #2 below.
3. FREE Course for New Members
- Take this free course if you are a new member to satisfy new member Code of Ethics training
Before You Take the Training:
- View training resources for new members or for existing members
- Learn what login information you'll need, the best browsers to use, what to expect once you complete the course, and other tips for taki ng the course
- Check if you have completed the course by clicking the "View My Education Records" link on this page
About the Training Requirement
REALTORS® are required to complete ethics training of not less than 2 hours, 30 minutes of instructional time within two-year cycles. The training must meet specific learning objectives and criteria established by the National Association of REALTORS®.
A new two-year cycle began January 1, 2017. The deadline for this cycle is December 31, 2018.
Training may be completed through local REALTOR® associations or through another method, such as home study, correspondence, classroom courses, or online courses.
For Association Executives
- Prepare to offer training to members using the Code of Ethics Training Toolkit for AEs
- Find answers to common questions here: Q&A: Ethics Training Requirements for New and Continuing Members
- Graphics to promote the Code of Ethics Training requirement deadline