It is essential for staff to have the opportunity to receive training that allows them to acquire additional skills and knowledge to improve in their positions (and might even fulfill personal goals). Training also allows staff to interact with their peers and to learn from their experiences.
Providing training opportunities instills the notion among staff that the organization is willing to invest in their continuing education to improve their current job responsibilities and promotional opportunities.
Other reasons why it is beneficial to offer employee training:
- Increased job satisfaction and morale among employees
- Increased employee motivation
- Increased efficiencies in processes, resulting in financial gain
- Increased capacity to adopt new technologies and methods
- Increased innovation in strategies and products
- Reduced employee turnover
- Enhanced company image
- Risk management (such as training about sexual harassment or diversity)