What to Know When Offering Education Sessions
Education is a primary component of what our members look for and find value in on the local, state, and national level. NAR and the affiliate organizations offer a robust list of residential and commercial designations and certifications that will help our members' businesses succeed and professional development thrive.
When hosting education sessions at local or state associations, a few things are critical to keep in mind as you plan and promote to your members and attendees:
- No Member Board should sponsor, endorse, recognize, or award, directly or indirectly, any professional designation or certification that is confusingly similar to those available through NAR, the Center for REALTOR® Development, or the Institutes, Societies and Councils of the National Association.
- If your board is hosting a course that is outside the list of NAR Family credentials, or is "confusingly similar" to any of the NAR Family credentials listed on the website below, a disclaimer must be used in the promotional and course materials that NAR does not endorse or offer the course.
- Sample disclaimer to add to materials: "This course not offered by or endorsed by the National Association of REALTORS®."
- This applies to all offerings related to credentials, which includes:
For the exact requirements and official messaging, access Article V, Section 9 A and B of the NAR Bylaws.
NAR Family Designations and Certifications Slideshow
View the presentation as a slideshow.
Social Media Promotional Images
Local and state associations are encouraged to use the social media images below to promote the NAR family certifications and designations being held at your association. Sample copy with these images can include:
- "Take your growth, professional development and income to the next level with these NAR Family designations and certifications. Contact ___ (local or state staff person) to find out more and visit nar.realtor/Designations"
- "Find out more about the NAR Family designations and certifications and see what our association is offering by contacting ____ (local or state staff person)"