REALTORS® and Sustainability: Commercial
Download (PDF: 1.64 MB)
- 16% of respondents reported that their Commercial Information Exchange (CIE) had green data fields, and the CIE green data fields were used to promote energy information and green features.
- A majority of agents and brokers (71%) said that energy efficiency promotion in listings was very or somewhat valuable.
- 28% of buildings with green certifications, such as LEED, Green Globes, or the Living Building Challenge, spent neither more nor less time on the market.
- 36% of brokerage firms had experience working with commercial building repurposing, such as converting empty malls into technical schools.
- 61% of respondents were extremely comfortable or comfortable answering clients’ questions about building performance.
- The building features that REALTORS® believed were most important to clients included utility and operations costs, indoor air quality, efficient use of lighting, and energy efficient windows/doors.
- 30% of respondents said that in the past 12 months, they had been directly involved with a property with green features, either on the buyer or seller side.