REALTORS® and Sustainability
- Forty-one percent of respondents reported their MLS has green data fields, and respondents typically used the green data fields to promote green features and energy information.
- Sixty-nine percent said energy efficiency promotion in listings was very or somewhat valuable.
- Fifty-nine percent of respondents found clients were at least somewhat interested in sustainability.
- Sixteen percent of respondents reported that their Commercial Information Exchange (CIE) had green data fields, and the CIE green data fields were used to promote energy information and green features.
- A majority of agents and brokers (70 percent) said that energy efficiency promotion in listings was very or somewhat valuable.
- Thirty-four percent of brokerage firms had experience working with commercial building repurposing, such as converting empty malls into technical schools.