Commercial Lending Trends Survey
Download (PDF 2.8MB)
- Commercial investments mirrored the global uncertainty in 2016, with a 16 percent decline year-over-year, on total volume of $826 billion, according to Real Capital Analytics (RCA).
- Commercial investments in large capitalization U.S. markets totaled $489 billion, representing an 11 percent drop from the prior year.
- With rising demand across all property types, vacancies continued on a downward path.
- As an exception, apartment properties experienced upward pressure on vacancies as rising new supply came on the market during the year.
- Commercial rents advanced for all property sectors, with industrial posting record gains during the year.