REALTORS® Confidence Index
The REALTORS® Confidence Index is a key indicator of housing market strength based on a monthly survey sent to over 50,000 real estate practitioners. Practitioners are asked about their expectations for home sales, prices and market conditions. In addition, the "Questions of the Month," feature results of a timely aspect of the housing market.
Note: the REALTOR® Confidence Index is provided by NAR solely for use as a reference. Resale of any part of this data is prohibited without NAR's prior written consent.
Download (PDF 2.09MB)
- Amid sustained job creation and sustained historically low mortgage rates, REALTORS® reported strong home buying demand in August 2017.
- Properties continued to sell at a brisk pace, and home buyers faced higher prices as supply remained low relative to demand.
- Demand from first-time buyers continued to increase at a modest pace.
- Amid tight supply, most respondents expect constant or increasing prices in the next 12 months.
- REALTORS® reported tight inventory as the key issue affecting sales.