Win $1,000 For Charity
The REALTORS® Are Good Neighbors Program recognizes NAR members who truly care for their communities. From single acts of kindness to community-wide initiatives, we want to celebrate the time and commitment you have for volunteering.
Maximize the impact of your community service by logging your volunteer time below each month for a chance to win $1,000 for a charity of your choice.
Separate drawings are held monthly for Associations and REALTORS® who log volunteer hours during the following periods of time:
- REALTORS®: From May to November 2021.
- Associations: Sweepstakes closed.
Don’t miss this opportunity to do even more good for your community!
See Official Rules below.
Follow, like, and share to spread the good news about how REALTORS® make a difference through volunteering.
See Where REALTORS® Volunteer
2021 REALTORS® Are Good Neighbors Volunteer Hours Tracking Official Rules
Rules for REALTOR® Participants
November 2021 REALTORS® Are Good Neighbors Volunteer Hour Tracking Sweepstakes Rules
1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. The November 2021 REALTORS® Are Good Neighbors Volunteer Hour Tracking Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) is open only to members of the National Association of REALTORS® who are legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older (an eligible “Entrant”). PROMOTION NOT OPEN TO STAFF OF THE NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES AND INSTITUTES (COLLECTIVELY, “NAR”) AND IMMEDIATE FAMILY MEMBERS OF SUCH STAFF. Promotion starts on or about 12:00am on November 1, 2021 and ends on or about 12:00pm November 30, 2021 ("Promotional Period").
2. OFFICIAL RULES: The rules, terms and conditions specified herein for the Promotion comprise its Official Rules and will govern all participation in the Promotion. Please take a moment to review these Official Rules which, by your participation, you agree will govern all matters relating to the Promotion and which cannot be modified or superseded except by NAR, in their reasonable discretion, in a written revision to these Official Rules, which will be posted to www.nar.realtor/rgn.
3. IMPORTANT NOTICE: Entrants are responsible for compliance with their employer’s policies and all applicable laws, rules and regulations (“Laws”) regarding eligibility to participate in this Promotion. If an individual is participating in violation of their employer’s policies or applicable Laws, that individual may be disqualified from this Promotion. NAR disclaims any and all liability and responsibility for disputes related to this matter.
4. PRIZES: The prize (“Prize”) will consist of a $1000.00 (One Thousand Dollar) grant that NAR will donate to the 501(c)(3) organization (“Organization”) of the winner’s choice. One Prize will be awarded during the Promotion.
The Organization may not be owned by or otherwise affiliated with NAR or any of its subsidiaries, institutes or affiliates, or local or state associations. The Organization must be recognized as a tax-exempt organization under 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and must be organized for a charitable purpose as defined therein. The Organization must submit proof of its tax- exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code in order to receive the Prize. The Organization may not engage in discriminatory behavior based on race, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Organization may not be a political or fraternal organization. NAR reserves the right to refuse to grant the Prize to a winner’s selected Organization for any reason in its sole discretion. In that case, NAR will ask the winner to select a different Organization to receive the Prize.
NAR will randomly draw one (1) REALTOR® winner. To be eligible for the drawing, Entrants must enter the Promotion as described below in Section 5.
5. HOW TO ENTER:
To automatically enter the Promotion, Entrants must record during the Promotional Period on www.nar.realtor/rgn at least one (1) hour of volunteering that occurred during the Promotional Period. Entrants must visit www.nar.realtor/rgn and follow the on-screen instructions for submitting volunteer hours. Entrants must fill in all required information.
Entrants may also enter the Promotion by completing this form.
NAR is not responsible for any lost, late, damaged, or delayed entries, or entries not received during the Promotional Period. Incomplete or fraudulent entries will not be eligible for this Promotion. Correspondence about entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Any attempted participation by any means except as permitted by these Official Rules is void. For this Promotion only, by participating Entrants expressly authorize NAR to contact them at the email address provided for purposes of fulfilling this Promotion. This authorization overrides any "do not contact" or solicitation preference Entrants have previously expressed to NAR.
6. DRAWING/ODDS: The Prize winner will be selected from all eligible Entries received during the Promotional Period in a random drawing on or about the last day of the Promotional Period. The random drawings will be conducted under the supervision of NAR staff. Odds of winning the Prize depend on the number of eligible Entries received. The Prize winner will be notified by email using the email provided in connection with his or her Entry. NAR is not responsible for Entrant’s failure to receive a prize notice due to Entrant’s spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for Entrants’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information.
The winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release, and, where lawful, a publicity release within seven (7) days of notification. If the affidavit and release are not signed and returned within seven (7) days, or if the prize notification is returned to NAR as undeliverable, then an alternative winner will be selected.
The Organization chosen by a winner to receive a Prize must provide NAR with certain information in order to receive the Prize. If the Organization does not provide NAR with that information within seven (7) days of notification, NAR will ask the winner to select a different Organization to receive the Prize.
All Prizes will be awarded. Instructions on claiming and/or receiving the Prize will be provided to the winner at the time of notification.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By completing an entry or accepting a Prize, all Entrants release and hold harmless NAR, and its subsidiaries, affiliated companies, officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees from any and all liability for any loss, harm, injuries, damages, cost or expenses arising out of or relating to the participation in this Promotion or the acceptance, use or misuse of the Prize, including, without limitation, failed or delayed electronic communications whether caused by Entrant or NAR, any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Promotion, and typographical, technological or other error in the promotion or administration of this Promotion. Entrants further acknowledge that NAR is not responsible or liable for the warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or law, related to the Prize. By participating, Entrants agree to these Official Rules. Any taxes imposed upon a Prize will be the sole responsibility of the Organization selected by the winner.
8. CANCELLATION OF PROMOTION: If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to tampering, unauthorized intervention, or fraud beyond the control of NAR, which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, NAR reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Promotion, as solely determined by NAR in its discretion, will be disqualified from the Promotion. Any attempt to damage NAR’s websites, or tamper with or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion, is a violation of these Official Rules.
9. AUTHORIZATION TO USE WINNER’S NAME AND INFORMATION: The winner, where lawful, grants permission for the use of winner’s name, voice, city, state, and photograph or videotape for advertising and promotional purposes in conjunction with the Promotion and similar promotions without additional compensation.
10. GOVERNING LAW: The Promotion is governed by, and will be construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, and the forum and venue for any disputes shall be in Cook County, Illinois.
12. WINNER’S LIST: For a list of the winner, please contact by June 30th, 2021 Sara Geimer, National Association of REALTORS® at firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. REALTOR® TRADEMARKS: REALTOR® and REALTORS® are federally registered collective membership marks owned by NAR which identify real estate professionals who are members of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® and subscribe to its strict Code of Ethics.
NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® ("NAR")
430 N. MICHIGAN AVENUE
CHICAGO, ILLINOIS 60611