Twice a year, the MLS Technology and Emerging Issues Advisory Board of the National Association of REALTORS® convenes to consider major issues confronting multiple listing services. The board’s next meeting, scheduled for Aug. 15 and 16 in Chicago, will help determine potential recommendations for the Multiple Listing Issues and Policies Committee when it meets at the 2019 REALTORS® Conference and Expo in San Francisco.
Here are the key issues the advisory board will discuss:
- Reach Accelerator Class of 2019.
- Changes to Northwest MLS rules about disclosing cooperative compensation and eliminating mandatory offers of compensation.
- Sustainability and MLS.
- Derivative Works using MLS data.
- Changes in the authority to advertise other brokers’ listings beyond IDX.
- Use of online “private” groups and networks.
- Tenant-paid compensation.
- iBuying and “off-MLS” listing data and its affects on property valuations.
- The “MLS Value Proposition”: What are local MLSs doing to gauge broker and agent needs/services? How can NAR help?
- Best practices for promoting “accessibility.”
We welcome your thoughts about these technology priorities and others facing MLSs. Please leave a comment below to join the conversation, or send questions and/or other feedback about the topics to MLS@realtors.org.