Bob Goldberg is the chief executive officer of the National Association of REALTORS®, America's largest trade association, representing nearly 1.3 million members involved in all aspects of residential and commercial real estate.
Since becoming CEO in August 2017, Goldberg has engineered a corporate realignment aimed at transforming NAR into a member-centric organization focused on delivering member value. As part of the realignment, he created a Strategic Business Innovation and Technology Group to bring innovation and cost savings to REALTORS® through strategic partnerships, including through NAR’s REALTOR® Benefits Program, REach® technology accelerator, and Second Century Ventures strategic investment firm. A new Executive Outreach Program makes senior management of NAR accessible and accountable to the association’s 13 regions. And through a new Day in the Life of a REALTOR® Program, NAR staff are gaining first-hand knowledge of the day-to-day work and challenges of NAR members and state and local association staff.
Goldberg also holds leadership roles in NAR’s six wholly owned subsidiaries. He is:
- President of the Center for Specialized REALTOR® Education, which provides education and credentials for NAR’s designations and certifications.
- President of REALTOR® University, offering an accredited master’s degree program
- Chairman of the board for Realtors Property Resource®, a comprehensive property database, analytics, and client-friendly reports for the exclusive use of NAR members
- President and chief executive officer for the REALTORS® Information Network (RIN), responsible for oversight of the realtor.com® operating agreement with Move Inc.
- President of Second Century Ventures, a strategic investment firm that focuses on startups in real estate, financial services, banking, and insurance and operates the REach® Technology Accelerator.
- Chairman of the board for Sentrilock LLC, a leading electronic lockbox manufacturer and service provider
A 23-year veteran of NAR, Goldberg previously served as senior vice president, overseeing a wide portfolio, including sales and marketing, business development and strategic investments, professional development, and meetings and conferences. Before joining NAR, he was a senior vice president with PRC Realty Systems, the nation's leading provider of computer-based real estate information systems with $85 million in annual revenues. Previously, he was the national marketing manager with IFI/Plenum Data Corp., a leader in online information database products.
Goldberg was recently named No. 8 on the Swanepoel Power 200, a list of the most powerful and influential executives in real estate, produced annually by consulting firm T3 Sixty. He holds a bachelor of arts degree from the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill. He and his wife, Susan, a former REALTOR®, live in Chicago.
Download this bio (PDF: 239 KB)
The NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® is America’s largest trade association, representing 1.3 million members involved in all aspects of the residential and commercial real estate industries.