- Thirty-nine percent of sellers who used a real estate agent found their agents through a referral by friends or family, and 22 percent used the agent they worked with previously to buy or sell a home.
- Two-thirds of home sellers only contacted one agent before selecting the one to assist with their home sale.
- Ninety-two percent of sellers reported that their home was listed or advertised on the Internet.
- Among recent sellers who used an agent, 85 percent reported they would definitely (69 percent) or probably (16 percent) use that real estate agent again or recommend to others.
- For more information from the annual Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers, click here >
NAR Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers: Home Sellers and the Real Estate Agent
Search Economists' Outlook