- Commuting costs and environmental efficiency have increasingly factored into home buying decisions due to higher energy costs, but also due to overall concern for the environment.
- Factors that are most important to buyers are those directly related to the buyers’ pocketbook.
- Heating and cooling costs were at least somewhat important to 87 percent of home buyers.
- Commuting costs were at least somewhat important to 76 percent of home buyers.
- For more information, check out the 2012 Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers >
Environmentally Friendly Features
Search Economists' Outlook