Welcome to my.realtor.org
April 12, 2012
Today marks a milestone for NAR on the web. With the launch of this new site, we’re shifting the focus to you, the member. We’re calling the site my.realtor.org, because it’s your experience that counts. We believe that you should control what you want to see, and where you want to see it, and we’ve taken significant steps to make that happen.
You can customize my.realtor.org
Now you can customize the homepage with the topics and areas that you find most valuable to you.
- Sign in using your existing nar.realtor ID
- Find the link that says “Get Started Customizing nar.realtor” above the colorful blocks of content
- Select which categories you’d like to see, and save your selections
This is only the beginning. We’ll continue to add new features that allow you to further personalize your experience based on your interests and preferences.
You can take my.realtor.org anywhere
You’re mobile, and your site should be too. We could have devoted considerable resources to building apps for each individual platform, but we took a better approach, called Responsive Web Design.
We’ve rebuilt nar.realtor from the ground up, to respond to whatever device you’re using, no matter what brand or operating system you have. NAR is one of the first associations to embrace this methodology, and we’re very excited about it.
* Try it out! If you resize your browser window to make it very narrow, you’ll see how the site responds to different environments.*
My.realtor.org content is relevant and findable
We’ve been working for months to make sure the content you see is relevant, and we’ve done it in three ways:
- We archived thousands of old and irrelevant pages to make it easier for you to find what’s important, whether you’re browsing or searching.
- We’ve radically improved the way we present information to you. You’ll notice that the pages you read are surrounded by links to related, relevant content.
- We’re relying heavily on analytics, user testing, and feedback, because we want you to tell us what content is important.
Make my.realtor.org yours
We want to deliver the best site possible, so we’re asking for your help. Explore the site and please send us feedback. You’ll see a green tab on the right hand side of the site that will allow you to send feedback, request and vote for new features, and ask questions.
Thank you, and welcome to your site.
`The NAR Web Team