Association Executives Committee (AEC)
AEC representatives (formerly AEC liaisons) are appointed to serve as representatives from the AEC to NAR committees to ensure two-way communication.
Congratulations to the 2024 Association Executives Committee and AEC Advisory Board Chair and Vice Chair Appointees!
Statement of Purpose
The AEC serves as a resource for REALTOR® associations by:
- Ensuring that there is knowledge and understanding of issues and concerns between the REALTOR® association community and NAR committees and leadership;
- Providing a framework that ensures staff and volunteer leaders have the professional development and management resources they need to provide optimal services to their members.
2023 AEC Goals:
The AEC's areas of focus for 2023 include:
- Conduct a comprehensive review of the current Core Standards program and determine whether revisions are necessary and/or if there are other options for ensuring that associations continue to meet basic standards for serving our members.
- Examine AE partnerships between local and state associations and determine how to strengthen and enhance relationships to ensure greater cooperation, alignment, and support. Create a healthy and productive partnership model to ensure association success, respect, and understanding.
- Provide guidance, tools, and resources to help association leaders adopt and/or create a culture that embraces DEI principles and policies; support efforts to implement the NAR Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Strategic Plan.
- Review NAR’s current New AE Orientation and provide input on the program format and curriculum to ensure that NAR delivers valuable information and resources to assist AEs in their new positions.