NAR submitted its response to the Federal Housing Finance Agency's (FHFA) proposed strategic plan for 2022-2024.
In the letter, NAR thanks the FHFA for:
- Improving the capital rule;
- Balancing pricing towards consumers, but asks them to revisit the pricing change for 2nd homes and buyers in high-cost areas;
- Proposing to work on fair lending and equity, and
- Improving transparency and accountability at the GSEs.
However, NAR urges them to do more on:
- Lowering the overall capital level in the capital rule;
- Moving Government-Sponsored Enterprises (GSEs) reform forward by exploring a government backstop and building a regulatory approach to monitoring investor returns and enforcing market utility behavior.