The goal of the NAR Sustainability Grant is to provide funding assistance to state and local REALTOR® associations to aid in implementing a sustainability program, event, plan, or update for their members, and to encourage the ongoing awareness of sustainability in real estate.
A Sustainability Grant must be used to fund projects that will keep sustainability awareness top of mind for REALTORS® and association staff. Grants are available for up to $5,000. Total funding is limited.
Examples of potential association sustainability projects may include:
- Creating a sustainability committee or task force.
- Hosting an educational event on sustainability topics in your market.
- Hosting an environmental cleanup involving members.
- Making sustainable, energy efficient, or resource efficient upgrades to your association office.
- Facilitating the creation of an association sustainability plan.
- Crafting resources tailored to environmental hazards or resiliency needs specific to your local market.
- Offering resources, programs, or initiatives promoting sustainable practices.
Visit the “Take Action” section of the NAR Sustainability Toolkit for State and Local Associations for more potential project ideas.