In an effort to reduce the number of safety incidents that occur in the real estate industry, the REALTOR® Safety MLS Fields Work Group met to determine the strongest list of MLS Safety Fields to be considered for local MLS adoption to best ensure agent safety.
The REALTOR® Safety MLS Fields Work Group recommends the adoption of a checkbox for specific safety concerns with a Freeform Field for each of the following categories:
- Vacant (if not currently available as a field in MLS)
- No heat
- Minimal or no exterior lighting
- Minimal or no interior lighting
- Remote/limited visibility from road
- Electricity not on
- Inconsistent cell service
For more information, download the Putting REALTOR® Safety First: A Case for Modifying MLS Fields Standards to Increase REALTOR® Safety (PDF) White Paper Report.